PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Same BH 420, Same C-2403

Custom Search

groovy
12-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh no, not again....
2 months ago i solved the same error on the same copier.
Today my customer calls reporting same error.
Went to the site and (again) replaced PS-28 sensor.
This time i spent a lot of time teaching my customer about the correct procedure of changing toner.
My customer says not, but i'm sure that the arrow was not pointing at top when the toner bottle is replaced.
Next time the toner runs out i must go to my customer and replace bottle myself.
Anyone here has same issue?

mo0651
12-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Happens to everyone! nothing new. Can be caused by a lot of different thins. putting in toner bottle wrong is one of them. Do you have the stopper update installed?

groovy
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
No, because the copier is out of warranty before Konica Minolta released the update.

mo0651
12-21-2011, 03:37 PM
I think they were F.O.C. parts. There was about 5 of them to combat this problem. Customers can still put the bottle in wrong! (We have some "talented" customers!):confused:

SPBE
12-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I had one once where the toner bottle was stuck behind the collar. After I cut the bottle out, I asked them how it happened. The lady said "It went in about halfway then I had to force it in with my foot".

brent
12-21-2011, 11:30 PM
oh no the 420. even with the updates you still have to rely on the darn bottle being put in correct. it takes some training. but still. someone will put the bottle in wrong. the 421 was better. but the 423 is the best. because it is very hard to put the bottle in wrong on that model. well at least that customer told the truth about using the shoe trick! God only knows how some of my toner bottles got stuck. if the customer would only tell the truth!!

Glaander
12-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Oh no, not again....
2 months ago i solved the same error on the same copier.
Today my customer calls reporting same error.
Went to the site and (again) replaced PS-28 sensor.
This time i spent a lot of time teaching my customer about the correct procedure of changing toner.
My customer says not, but i'm sure that the arrow was not pointing at top when the toner bottle is replaced.
Next time the toner runs out i must go to my customer and replace bottle myself.
Anyone here has same issue?

sometimes damage toner bottle will cost c-2403 too. but that still user side issue, you can tell them there is 3 free of charge about toner bottle clearing, at the 4th will be charging, once down to they need to pay, they will put in right.

Itsthepaper
12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Yea man, I pray for the day they take all those models out of the field. Your not alone bro, these machines will keep you busy if the customer is not very mechanically inclined. Try to do all the updates and make sure the toner bottle turns smoothly in the output test modes. I wouldn't feel good about charging a customer for sucky toner replenishment design that could be cumbersome to install for the average customer.

brent
12-22-2011, 04:58 AM
its been covered before. but the sucky thing about it. is the customer can always manage to try to get the toner bottle out. when the toner bottle has been spinning. thus it is not in home position. it is a bad design. true. but if they pull it out when it is spinning. then they install a fresh bottle. wrong as well. I have had lots of opportunities to go and pull out a new bottle. spin the little ring and install right. thank God.

groovy
12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Thank you all.
In addition, i want to tell another thing:
there is a plastic notch on the copier's front panel that makes impossible to pull out the toner bottle in wrong position: yesterday i've found that the notch was breaked by someone...
I'm thinking to put a screw (a BIG screw) where the notch was, to make impossible to pull out the toner bottle in wrong way!

mo0651
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
You had a newer version, till they broke it. I have to agree, Train them, Charge them!

bseeley1844
12-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Most of the times it is the toner being put in wrong but even with the mods I still have to replace the rotation sensor here and there, never seems to come back after that.

Little tip if you leave the front and rear screws off (plenty on the sides to hold it) the plate that covers the sensor area it will save you a lot of time the next time you have to go in there if you do...

mo0651
12-30-2011, 04:52 PM
C'mon bseely!!!!! Konmin puts all those screws in to keep the speed of the drum from flipping parts out of the machine!!!!!

groovy
12-30-2011, 05:31 PM
C'mon bseely!!!!! Konmin puts all those screws in to keep the speed of the drum from flipping parts out of the machine!!!!!
LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search