PDA

View Full Version : ES205L E020 jam from 1st drawer only

Custom Search

jltwitch
12-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey all, I have an ES205L when it feeds paper from drawer 1 it might get 1 copy rarely 2, before it gives an E020 jam, drawer 2 runs perfect, have changed the cassettes of the drawers and tried different paper sizes in drawer one and keeps doing the same thing. Paper stops just as the leading edge passed the fuser sensor about an inch every time, replaced the sensor and still doing same thing, any ideas on this?? thanks much.

michaelc
12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Does it work from the bypass with no problems? Those cassettes with the spring loaded lift plate and sep claws can be a pain. Check there is not a crack in the cassette frame. Also might be worth ordering a sep claw kit in (not sure what people call them, i just call them claws - the metal things on each side of the cassette guides). Customers tend to bend them when putting paper in. I tend to replace them rather than messing around adjusting them.

jltwitch
12-21-2011, 07:12 PM
The bypass is working fine as well, when you say cassette, do you mean the drawer or the assm that the feed tires are on? The drawer does not have a spring loaded lift plate, its lifted by the gear assm on the back of the drawer.

Toshitec
12-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Hello, I think that everybody thinks you have a problem with a Chang Jiang model but you are talking about a Loire model.
Please check te drawer setting of drawer 1, does it correspond with the exact paper-size as placed?

Good luck...

jltwitch
12-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Hello, I think that everybody thinks you have a problem with a Chang Jiang model but you are talking about a Loire model.
Please check te drawer setting of drawer 1, does it correspond with the exact paper-size as placed?

Good luck...

Yes they corespond.. I Have even changed it to other sizes with other paper and does the same thing.. and This is a 205L simmilar to the 255/455 series machines.

Toshitec
12-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Now you are talking about a serious error, I have also had this on a es-167 and never solved it.
That machine gave a E14 error on second drawer only, really strange.
I have no idea what is going on but I am very curious..

michaelc
12-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Then I am talking about the wrong model. At least this doesn't happen with the girlfriends name.

Outlander
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Applicable models
e-STUDIO163/203/165/205/166/206/167/207/237/181/211/182/212/242
e-STUDIO205L/255/305/355/455

In the above models, image deviation and jams (E010/E020/E570) have been reported from the field.
This was caused by the following:
Grease applied to the clutch installation section of the registration roller gets inside and the clutch slips.
Correctly, grease does not need to be applied to the clutch, except for its gear teeth.

Due to above, if you open the rear side of the equipment or find any predictors of image deviation or jams
when you visit the users who use the equipment to which the changed lubrication instruction has not been applied,
confirm the side surface of the clutch gear ("E" section) whether grease has been applied to it.

2.There was a lot of improvement on paper take up-drive units. How old is your machine? Do you have a serial number, and7or FW version?

Travis06
12-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Taking apart and cleaning the registration clutch usually fixes this. I have had the top drawer jam and vary registration and the 2nd drawer work fine (for a while) and it was the reg. clutch. It is really easy to get too and take apart.

DWHITBY
04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
the problem is the guide plate from 1st cassette is warped or has a burr on it. the 1st cassette feeds differently from all other cassettes due to the duplex. that is why the cassette is a different size. have had this problem on many 355,455. usually lightly buffing guide will fix problem sometimes you need to order a new guide.

vincent64
04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Check the regestration guide under the metal roller in the machine itself, the hard rubber roller is in the door on these models, the sensor actuators for the 2 sensors can wear down, give all sorts of problems and feed issuses, learned this the hard way, you cant realy see the wear till you compare them with new ones, we were shocked how much they worn down, and what a a difference it makes when they are replaced.

DWHITBY
04-19-2013, 09:30 PM
The guide that is after the first paper cassette could have a burr on it. That cassette feed path is different because of the duplex. Try lightly buffing it. Worst case replace. Also reg. Clutch.

jobert
07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
We have the same problem dude. You might want to check this link http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/toshiba/75894-toshiba-estudio-355-jam-codes-e061-e062.html. Not the same machine but it's identical. Good luck.

niorelle
07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey all, I have an ES205L when it feeds paper from drawer 1 it might get 1 copy rarely 2, before it gives an E020 jam, drawer 2 runs perfect, have changed the cassettes of the drawers and tried different paper sizes in drawer one and keeps doing the same thing. Paper stops just as the leading edge passed the fuser sensor about an inch every time, replaced the sensor and still doing same thing, any ideas on this?? thanks much.

try replacing 2 sensors at aligning assembly and test or if you have another unit try swapping the aligning assembly

Custom Search