PDA

View Full Version : ES-452 with E3E0 code

Custom Search

Hansen88
12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
This code happens only from the lower lcc drawer. Sometimes there will be a E020 code. I unplugged the finnisher to eliminate the bridge unit. Replaced the entire fuser with new exit actuater and sensor. I replaced the lcc clutches, rollers, feed sensor. I increased the spring pressure on the rollers on the jam door. None of this stuff made any difference. The main code is the E3E0 code that happens mostly. When it happens it looks like the paper only partially fed out of the drawer but not to the transport rollers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Gregg
12-28-2011, 07:52 PM
There are two switches on the right door of the pedestal. There is a push switch that is used as the door interlock detected by logic, and there is a microswitch. The microswitch cuts power to the feed and transport clutchs. If there is a problem with this switch, the copier will attempt to feed but the clutches will not fire.

Gregg
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
This switch cuts 24v power to the clutches. The switch state is not detected by logic, so this switch cannot be tested with an 03 code. You must visually inspect the system and check the switch with a meter. If the clutches can be activated with an output code, then this switch is operating properly.

JustManuals
12-28-2011, 11:27 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hansen88
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks Gregg, that is one thing I havent thought about. I am going back there today and I will check that out.

emujo
12-29-2011, 09:58 PM
You may also want to ensure the verticle path feed rollers are not slipping due to paper dust buildup. Had one that tech replaced everything (electro) before checking this. Emujo

michaelc
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Just to add to what emujo said. The rollers on the jam release cover can sometimes become stiff and can cause this code, a bit of a clean and some new grease on shaft/plastic holders will do the job. Also the paper lift tray in the lcf may not be level. This has caught me out a few times.

Hansen88
01-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Well,I am at a loss now. Instead of trying to fix and keep going back to customer my boss had another lcc unit brought over there and we swapped the whole thing. Today cust is still having the same e3e0 codes.

michaelc
01-04-2012, 03:20 AM
There are some modified guides for the transports section (behind the bypass). Also might be worth changing the feed/transport clutches on the machine. I think they end in 37000 and 38000 for those. Not sure about the rest of the part number. Might be even worth changing the sensors to the transport sensor is C0-10813000.

Custom Search