PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba eStudio 351C will not boot

Custom Search

dgeng
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba eStudio 351C in my office that will not boot past the initial turn on screen with a picture of a copier on it. The fans appear to turn on and I see lights on the network card, but it just stops at that point and will not continue it's turn on and boot process to the normal display. I tried entering various service modes (01, 03 & 08), and it behaves the same way. No errors or messages are displayed.

Any idea what could be causing it not to boot? I have a pretty good understanding of the copier, and have successfully repaired it before, but have never seen this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JustManuals
01-03-2012, 07:00 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

dgeng
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I have a copy of the service manual Paul, but I see nothing in there addressing this issue.

Thanks

UBIK
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I would think the replacement hard drive and firmware.
The procedure is written to the service manual.

dgeng
01-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks UBIK. I will get a replacement hard drive. Where can I get a copy of the firmware for the 351C?

emujo
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
FYI..the drive is an IDE 80GB..don't try anything smaller, but you should be able to work with up to 160GB. PM me if you are completely stuck. Emujo

Outlander
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I will get a replacement hard drive. Where can I get a copy of the firmware for the 351C?
Sometimes there's no need for replacement. Formatting and just follow procedure for replacement and partition of HDD at Service handbook. Of curse you will need FW.

Custom Search