PDA

View Full Version : CQ C452 Fixing problem with Thick paper (250 gr.)

Custom Search

Laserbeam
01-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Hello all,

firstly, I wish all a happy new year!

Today I was fixing a problem with a new Konica C452 (Totalcount 2000) in a copy-shop.The problem occurs only when using thick paper (250 gr.) In the attachment you can see some examples.
The syptom didn't occur every copy but sporadically in multiple copies. Tomorrow I will replace the Fixing unit.

In the Service-Menu I've made the following changes:

1. Increasing the fixing-temperature by 5 degrees Celsius for upper and lower roller

2. Fixing speed for thíck paper -10 mm

3. Change from Production to Quality interval

Unfortunately, these adjustments brought no success.

Today, when I was in the same copy-shop, my test-copies didn't show any fixing problems. The customer assured me that he had all the settings correct (Thick paper in Bypass and setting to Thick paper 4)

I was wondering if anyone had experienced any similar issues or have any idea as to how this can be overcome or corrected

With best regards
Joachim

blazebusiness
01-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Have you reviewed the Konica Minolta media guide for that model? Attatching a copy for you. It shows what paper will work with that unit. I would consider that as a possible cause before replacing the fuser.

mo0651
01-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Are the fuser rollers showing buildup?

emujo
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Had a similar problem, similar CQ..cust was leaving trays set at thick 3 settings just to save time, and running predominatly plain (20#). After 500-1k copies, melted toner was thrown over every componant in the fuser, you could see the build up dripping down and contacting the fuser rollers. Your paper, according to the media guide, is in specs and can be run from any tray or bypass at thick 3 setting. Emujo

Custom Search