PDA

View Full Version : c351 doc.feeder tears legal

Custom Search

mrfuser
01-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Machine works fine other than when they feed legal it tears about a 1 inch wide strip from edge of.original.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Kelly

mo0651
01-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Does it tear it on the entrance end or the exit side of doc feed?

mrfuser
01-20-2012, 08:38 PM
exit side. :confused: HELP!

mo0651
01-20-2012, 08:53 PM
And if you put a piece of letter paper in, short edge lead (landscape) does it tear? Exit side may have a staple stuck in it. Have seen worn mylars. Tighten all screws around frame.

mrfuser
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Seems like when paper goes under clear plastic tray it tears. As we look down into the exit assembly there is a small plastic square looking piece that looks about the area where tear is happening.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks

Kelly

EarthKmTech
01-21-2012, 01:04 AM
its very common for the small mylars inside the exit unit to end up tearing paper in those style doc feeders.

you can pull the whole unit apart quite easily and examine whats going on.

removal of the damaged mylar may fix the problem, but cause problems for thin paper feeding.

emujo
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Just do what some of my guys do...tell customer not to run legal..problem solved. EMujo

CompyTech
01-23-2012, 02:24 AM
lol emujo

its probly those mylars inside the df on exit side. Ive replaced them b4.

emujo
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
lol emujo

its probly those mylars inside the df on exit side. Ive replaced them b4.

Thanks for seeing the humor...we all have these problems that just don't make sense and can't see any reason for the issue, but I really have seen techs put a note in the drawer saying "don't put paper here", or "do not side staple", even one that managed to talk the customer into only putting one sheet of paper at a time through the ADF. Whatever the fix is, I hope the poster puts the solution up. Emujo

mrfuser
01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
I tore apart, everything looks fine. Very strange. It does not happen every time, and typically more on legal than anything else. I reset sensors and cleaned all tires and mylars, checked hight, etc. Still randomly tears a small strip on edge of page, only after the page goes under clear plastic to go back out, thats when it happens, on the final exit.

Is there any way to stop it from going under the plastic for the turnaround? Is there a setting to make it just shoot straight out?

Client is property manager, real estate developer, so much of docs are legal. Figures!

Here is a pic.

Thanks all!

Kelly

minimerlin
01-24-2012, 08:39 PM
What about the entry tray? Is it centered correctly? Have you tried moving it a bit towards the front of the machine to see if the paper is still torn?

Just a few ideas to bounce about. As the other posters say, its normally a problem with the mylars or the turn round gate is bent.

Custom Search