PDA

View Full Version : Brother DCP 8020

Custom Search

cucuklotz
11-06-2007, 03:46 AM
I went to cust office to clean optics,I took Adf off and scanner,not a big deal even though this is first one Ive worked on. When I put back together as machine is turned on ,adf motor turns and I get "remove original message and then press stop" Every time I press stop key,adf feed rollers spin and the same message comes back.I was very careful taking apart and putting together. I thought I may have switched connector from scan moter with other 4 pin connector but Ididnt.Then I thought i may have put a connector backwards but its impossible with pin location to do so.The machine was working before this . I was very careful in working on machine so this surprised me. Any help would be REALLY appreciated
Thank you, ANDY

raym
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
sounds like a stuck sensor or maybe a dislodged sensor.

hth,
ray

djbass
05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Pretty much what Ray said. The original sensor (one in the top that detects when you insert a piece of paper inyo the adf) sounds like it is stuck or dislodged.

wtroll
05-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Have you turned off the machine before unplugging the connectors?
If no, the original sensor may be failure.
Otherwise I think It's a connector problem, check all connectors you have unplugged and their pins.

Good luck!

cucuklotz
05-26-2008, 04:08 AM
Hi,
Thanks for help,customer ended up buying another machine,which I paid 1/2 for(out of guilt)
Andy

Custom Search