PDA

View Full Version : Xerox C2424 Solid Ink Sources?

Custom Search

mrfuser
02-16-2012, 12:36 AM
I have a number of clients with the C2424. Seems they work fine, other than the ink is crazy expensive. Does anyone know of a vendor selling a decent generic?

Thanks all!

Kelly

ABD OFFICE
02-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi Kelly,

I think most of the suppliers of generic were sued by Xerox.... I am not sure.
But if you need OEM's, please let me know. I can be your supplier :) cel.d@abdofficesolutions.com

Thanks,
Cel

kingpd@businessprints.net
02-26-2012, 07:15 AM
I think you're right. Xerox hit a home-run with their design of the solid ink shit. They patented the shape and design, and only that shape and design will fit in the slots. So unless someone can make a different shape and design that will fit in the unique holes, you're out of luck.

See, refilling and reselling a traditional toner cartridge is legal because under the fair use clauses, you buy it, you can do what you want with it, since you're just refilling an empty cartridge you already bought and not newly manufacturing the core design completely, then reselling is legit. Another grand slam for solid ink, since nothing useful is left after the ink is used.

My advice is don't buy xerox if you want generic.

uneek722
08-30-2014, 02:13 PM
I have found generic and oem inks from "The Supplies Guys", "Concord Supplies", and "Supplies Outlet". They also have the maintenance kits cheaper.

mrfuser
08-30-2014, 04:15 PM
No need swapped out all solid ink garbage machines

Custom Search