PDA

View Full Version : staying C450 in outdoor in 20 below zero

Custom Search

akbareshghi
02-20-2012, 06:00 AM
i have to put my C450 machine in outdoor space and i covered it with plastic cover wholly to prevent permeating rain and snow to it but the temperature of weather around it is almost below zero( 0 degree of centigrade) and sometimes reach to -20 . i removed the 4 cartridges and period of staying this machine is for one quarter of year(winter). please guide me about this condition and if i want to use this machine , which tasks must be performed before switch on ?
thanks a lot

TheOwl
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I very much doubt that the machine will work properly again. Even with the machine turned off, they just arent designed to be subjected to those types of conditions.

If you had to get it going again, then you will have to replace heaps of parts, clean out all the waste toner system, inspect the chasis for rust, make sure the optics are ok. The only way you are going to know what it needs is to turn it on and hope none of the boards convert electricity into smoke.

Hemlock
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
This thread has to be a joke, right?

minimerlin
02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
But the salesman told him it would be OK!!!:D

EarthKmTech
02-20-2012, 09:54 PM
the service manual suggests operating environment of 10 to 30 degrees Celsius with humidity ranging from 15% to 85%.

no mention what so ever is made to storage environment.

I would keep the machine in an enclosed space not actually "outdoors" and besides the already mentioned risks, rats and mice enjoy making copiers their homes as well. Due to extreme cold the NVRAM battery will probably go flat too along with destroying most of the other boards containing electrolytic capacitors.

brewster67
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
You will want to make sure that it is covered and sealed from the weather. The elements will cause more problems than the cold. If it has to be moved when it is cold soaked be very careful of plastic parts, they are easy to break when cold. Let the machine come to room temperature before you try and do anything with it.
All the machines and supplies we get in the winter come by truck and they are in temps down to -50 F. We have not had any problems as long as we give them time to warm up. I have also had machines in an enclosed trailer for a couple of months that worked fine after.

akbareshghi
02-21-2012, 05:09 AM
storage condition for other machines such as HP plotter T770 :
Non-operating packed consumables
and printer:-40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F)
PLEASE guide me about electrolytic capacitors on the electrical board and NVRam Battery and other parts that perhaps injured due to cold condition
and guide me to reusing and prepare to function the machine , which actions must be performed before turning on the machine and let to warm up and reach to room temprature(major parts)
thanks a lot again

Darren King
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Just make sure it is at room temperature before you plug it in. Also leave unplugged long enough to allow any moisture to evapourate. Once warm and dry you will then know if any damage has occured.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Custom Search