PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 501 won't print

Custom Search

blackcat4866
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM
It's a new install. It did print at install, but the web interface was a little flakey. The addressbook would pull up the page, but would not store addressbook entries. The message was "-----TagMissing". I successfully stored addressbook entries from the machine panel. 4 days after installing drivers I get a callback "Won't print".

Sure enough, it won't ping on the network or from a crossover cable and my laptop. The web interface is responsive, and the machine will print counter pages, but the Printer Settings button has vanished from the Utility/Counter button.

Yesterday I installed a OACB (control board). It does ping now but still won't print. Plus I got a little bonus: "License Management Error Occurred." I don't exactly understand the garble in the manual, but I gather that something must be Activated. Reloading firmware did not fix anything. The addressbook is saving properly now.

As you may be able to tell, I'm not very familiar with this machine. Any hints? What does the CF card do? How about the fat capacitor mounted on the little square board to CN2601/CN2602?

=^..^=

Custom Search