PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konicaminolta c451 print cyan boder on paper border

Custom Search

aligis
02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
HI EVERY ONE,,
WE HAVE KM Bizhub c451 :rolleyes:,, well we have changed 3 IU CYAN BUTT continuously PRINT A CYAN BORDER ON A4 AND A3 SIZE PAPER (ANY GRAM).
DO NOT NO WHAT IS THAT ANY IDEA :confused::confused:..
THANKS

mrwho
02-29-2012, 08:21 AM
If you replaced the IUs and the cyan bar still appears on the paper, the next logical culprit usually is the laser unit.

EarthKmTech
02-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Having read your post again, is the boarder a gritty cyan mark running one side of the page ?

if so thats developer abrasion occuring to the cyan drum, one of the other IU's maybe failing and taking that one out with it..

aligis
02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Having read your post again, is the boarder a gritty cyan mark running one side of the page ?

if so thats developer abrasion occuring to the cyan drum, one of the other IU's maybe failing and taking that one out with it..

yes exactely,,,, you are there...Ok according to you this is because of other IUs,, well i will try to change other IUs one by one and let you know...

aligis
02-29-2012, 02:32 PM
If you replaced the IUs and the cyan bar still appears on the paper, the next logical culprit usually is the laser unit.

no we only changed the cyan IU 3 times not all IU. any sugg... thanks:confused:

mrwho
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
no we only changed the cyan IU 3 times not all IU. any sugg... thanks:confused:

My bad. When I mentioned "IUs" I mean "the three Cyan IUs".

mitchl
02-29-2012, 06:01 PM
I bet if you went and looked at the cyan TCR level when it starts to fail you would find it very low, I had a C451 that was eating Cyan IU's at an alarming rate due to toner starvation and the fix is............................ You get to take the back of the machine completely apart to get to the cyan/black toner drive motor where you will find a gear that has a flat spot in it so it turns when the shaft does except the flat part is now rounded out causing the aforementioned toner starvation problem. Have a big time!

EarthKmTech
02-29-2012, 09:21 PM
I bet if you went and looked at the cyan TCR level when it starts to fail you would find it very low, I had a C451 that was eating Cyan IU's at an alarming rate due to toner starvation and the fix is............................ You get to take the back of the machine completely apart to get to the cyan/black toner drive motor where you will find a gear that has a flat spot in it so it turns when the shaft does except the flat part is now rounded out causing the aforementioned toner starvation problem. Have a big time!

Interesting.

and i bet the problem originates from customers not shaking their toner cartridges properly before installation :cool:

mitchl
02-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Interesting.

and i bet the problem originates from customers not shaking their toner cartridges properly before installation :cool:

You may be right, I'm in Florida and its hot and humid most of the year so that could be the culprit, I actually know of another C451 doing the same thing but its a machine serviced by someone else that asked for some help.... Not sure if they checked the gear or not but they keep buying IU's from me so one would think not.

sanimir
03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I had a similar problem, I changed dev unit, the laser unit and nothing helped. The problem was the cleaningblade on the Drum Unit. Screws are loose and I was receiving the proper framework in cyan on the paper.

mrwho
03-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I had a similar problem, I changed dev unit, the laser unit and nothing helped. The problem was the cleaningblade on the Drum Unit. Screws are loose and I was receiving the proper framework in cyan on the paper.

I wasn't aware that you could change the cyan dev unit on this machine...

Custom Search