PDA

View Full Version : How to chip a C220 imaging unit?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Anyone got a tutorial? :)

Darren King
03-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Download the special firmware from KonMin and you will never have to chip another IU

HoonBoy
03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Indeed as from Firmware version C2 and up you can turn off Drum/Developer indictions op display, just adjust Softswitch 51 to hex 30.
And dont forget to turn off IU Life stop in service menu (stop, 0, clear in service menu).

PeterG
03-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Stop giving away factory info. That is, unless you want to end up in an unemployment line.:mad:

kingarthur
03-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Indeed as from Firmware version C2 and up you can turn off Drum/Developer indictions op display, just adjust Softswitch 51 to hex 30.
And dont forget to turn off IU Life stop in service menu (stop, 0, clear in service menu).

I would NOT change softswitch 51 to hex 30....cos that's not what it says in the bulletin i have....only change the settings if you are 100% positive you know what you are doing, once you set something wrong, there may be no way back !

HoonBoy
03-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Stop giving away factory info. That is, unless you want to end up in an unemployment line.:mad:

Why would you keep this information behind? So the resetchips market is not disturbed?
The information was in the firmware release notes... No factory info...

HoonBoy
03-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I would NOT change softswitch 51 to hex 30....cos that's not what it says in the bulletin i have....only change the settings if you are 100% positive you know what you are doing, once you set something wrong, there may be no way back !

If you change the bits as written in the buletin, you will see that the hex value will change to 30...
Same effect.
I never found a softswitch that could not be changed back to it's original value btw...

kingarthur
03-08-2012, 11:08 AM
maybe the setting is different where you are, but my bulletin says the hex should be "F0"...i never change the "bits"...it's a lot easier just to change the "hex"....less chance of making a mistake :)

HoonBoy
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
maybe the setting is different where you are, but my bulletin says the hex should be "F0"...i never change the "bits"...it's a lot easier just to change the "hex"....less chance of making a mistake :)

F0 i use for the BH 223-423 series, there you have to adjust 4 bits so fusingunit and developingunit replacement are also not displayed..

Hex settings are indeed much easier to remember...

JSC
03-08-2012, 12:45 PM
F0 i use for the BH 223-423 series, there you have to adjust 4 bits so fusingunit and developingunit replacement are also not displayed..

Hex settings are indeed much easier to remember...

Im with Kingarthur on this, on the info I have for the C220 range you should change switch 55 to hex 0C and on switch 51 hex should change to F0

PeterG
03-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Why would you keep this information behind? So the resetchips market is not disturbed?
The information was in the firmware release notes... No factory info...

My point is this. If you are a KM tech you should already know about the firmware. Supplying this info to the end user will be doing you out of a job.

HoonBoy
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
My point is this. If you are a KM tech you should already know about the firmware. Supplying this info to the end user will be doing you out of a job.

Where i live you don't visit machines like this without contracts, so end users couldn't care less... I guess in Australia things are different...

HoonBoy
03-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Im with Kingarthur on this, on the info I have for the C220 range you should change switch 55 to hex 0C and on switch 51 hex should change to F0

What does switch 55 have for effect? Can't find anything about that...

kingarthur
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
What does switch 55 have for effect? Can't find anything about that...

if you have the bulletin about softswitch 51...then it should have the info about softswitch 55 which is on the same bulletin it's for transfer belt/fuser unit non stop

suso73os
03-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Hello all, I'm a photocopier technician and I Develop autorized dealer (ineo plus 451, ineo plus 203, ineo plus 452, ineo plus 220, etc) these machines are the same than Konica Minolta but As I can see in this forum we don't have the same bulletin information, I only have a service bulletin that talks about the imaging unit and the softswitch 51 to change it to Hex10 and not F0, and there isn't any information about the other softswith that you said (softswitch 55). I'll change these two softswitch and see what happen.

We only know the posibility to do this with this model, do you have more information about other machines like bizhub c451,c550, c203 to do the same thing with a new firmware? I tried to do that with this model with the lastest firmware I downloaded but I couldn't change these softswitches. Many thanks in advance.

emujo
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Although I agree with you in some respects, this is still an open forum..designed to help other techs with problems (notice I said TECHS!!) I don't agree with posting admin/service passwords, as these should be known to factory techs, and I also don't give much time to the 1st time poster looking for firmware (Fimwarz..running joke), and/or service manuals...I have no problem PM'ing someone with "confidential" info if I believe he/she is really a tech and not some end user trying to figure out how to copy $100s... I'm willing to bet that if you ask for some help with one of your problems, some tech will help you. And if that means you get a copy of a knowledge base article you never heard of, I'll bet you would be very thankful for it..just my 2 cents. Emujo

Custom Search