PDA

View Full Version : Network setting missing

Custom Search

bobe
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Hy,
I have a bizhub C451. Network settings are missing in Admin setting and I can't ping it. I also tried to found the Mac address with arp-a but no succes. I reset in Service 1-Data Clear ( Network Reset) but nothing. Do i have to use Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 and reset the NIC setting.

Thanks

blackcat4866
03-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I had a machine once that the network settings button would not appear. As an experiment I connected a live network cable, then powered up. To my delight the network settings button appeared, and worked normally. Who knows? I could be that easy. =^..^=

bobe
03-25-2012, 08:47 PM
should I try to connect direct to copier with my laptop.Do you think is the network isues? I reset the copier many times and I unplugged the network cable.

blackcat4866
03-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Sure. That's a good idea. A lot of laptops do not require a crossover cable now, but mine does. Try it that way first. Of course you'll have to set a static address in the same range as the copier to your laptop. =^..^=

bobe
03-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I printed the Configuration page and I have the IP and Mac address, but the copier is not in the network. It's strange because anothers tabs are mising not just network settings but also One-Touch/User Box

blackcat4866
03-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Here's another thought, tell me if this database entry sounds applicable:

"The document size cannot be detected … ", will not clear unless document feeder is removed. On two new machines with DF-617 document feeders. In service mode > System1 > Original Size Detection: Unset > but all sensor test OK. In Utility/Counter Mode only #4 and #8 are visible. User Mode and Administratior Mode are not visible. In service mode > State Confirmation > Sensor Check > Org. Detecting Sensor is unresponsive, no status. Defective document feeder wiring harness even though the harness meters out OK. Replace document feeder wiring harness (A0HU N100 00).

In this case several of the Utility/Counter buttons were missing. =^..^=

bobe
03-25-2012, 09:18 PM
I have the problem with Ricoh worst cables on DSm 520. About Konica I will try tommorow to connect direct with the network cable to the copier. I downloaded the firmware for NIC reset and I hope it's gonna work. Thanks

TheOwl
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
On Konica Minoltas that are plugged into the network, it does take some time for the Network Settings button to appear because the machines are set to DHCP out of the factory and the machines do wait some time before they class the DHCP attempt as failed.

If you enter in a static IP address into the machine and then turn it off and on again without the network cable, you will then find that the Network Settings button appears a lot quicker.

As for the One Touch/User Box, go into service mode and make sure that the HDD is set to Installed. If this doesn't help, then login into the Administrator Settings and get into the One Touch/User Box from there. Sometimes, depending on the method used, this button disappears from the standard menu when using authentication on the machine.

morpk
03-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Hi Guys i get this all the time with Konica installs,
If the machine is set to DHCP it sends a ARP request to the DHCP server, if theydont talk the you need to wait for the ARP to time out then the Network settings button will appear after the ARP request fails then you can manually enter network settings, just check that you are getting lights on the copiers network card, also when first powering on the machine i can take a 1 minute or the network card to initialize.

JR2ALTA
03-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Hy,
I have a bizhub C451. Network settings are missing in Admin setting and I can't ping it. I also tried to found the Mac address with arp-a but no succes. I reset in Service 1-Data Clear ( Network Reset) but nothing. Do i have to use Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 and reset the NIC setting.

Thanks

Konica's go braindead, it's just part of them sucking and all.

You have two options

One: call Konica, send in NVRAM, fill out paperwork, receive said NVRAM, fill out more paperwork, be on your way.

Two: try what knowledge base says and do an all clear but mind you your machine will go back to an assembly line state

bobe
03-29-2012, 03:37 AM
hey , we just fixed. We connect direct with the laptop to the copier and with arp-s found the IP.

Custom Search