PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654 w/error E301(not in manual)

Custom Search

SmellsHot
04-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone. I have a Konica C654 that intermittenlty throws a E301 error....I know these are brand new machines, but wondering if anyone has seen this yet. Of course the error doesn't exist in the manual......So I really have no clue as to what it pertains too
Also when I print out the management list, the last page has something called "FA14 Detial Code History" anybody know where to find this or what this is? It has a different code listed on this list, that I cannot find anywhere. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

bizhub1
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone. I have a Konica C654 that intermittenlty throws a E301 error....I know these are brand new machines, but wondering if anyone has seen this yet. Of course the error doesn't exist in the manual......So I really have no clue as to what it pertains too
Also when I print out the management list, the last page has something called "FA14 Detial Code History" anybody know where to find this or what this is? It has a different code listed on this list, that I cannot find anywhere. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Are you sure it is not a C0301? If so that is a suction fan error.

SmellsHot
04-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Haha. Yep i quadropled checked it. Im 1000% positive its a E301. Its in error counter and on mgt list. Thanks though!

Spidula
04-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Sounds buggy!

Ive looked on Infohub and also found nothing for your 301 code. FA14 always points to f/w on the earlier stuff like C452 C280 etc

"bizhub C220
bizhub C280
bizhub C360
bizhub C452
bizhub C552
bizhub C552DS
bizhub C652
bizhub C652DS

[Option]

[Subject]
"Please turn main switch off and on."(FA14) is displayed.

[Description]

<Symptom>
The following symptoms occur when selecting “Gray Scale” with PS driver or PS/PCL driver for Fiery and saving the print job in Use Box from those drivers.

- "Please turn main switch off and on."(FA14) is displayed when the zoom ratio of the print job is saved in Use Box is changed and printed if select “Apply” by “printing” in Apply Stamps of Stamp Settings.

<Reproduction Procedure>
1. Select “Apply” by “printing” in Apply Stamps of Stamp Settings in Administrator Mode.
2. Selecting “Gray Scale” with PS driver or PS/PCL driver for Fiery and saving the print job in Use Box from those drivers.
3. The zoom ratio of the print job is saved in Use Box is changed and printed.

<Result>
"Please turn main switch off and on."(FA14) is displayed.

<The cause of the issue>
Bug of the firmware"

The one above is just one example!

Cant be of anymore help, but will keep me eye on this as its only a matter of time before I will get my hands on the C654 series.

SmellsHot
04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey "Spidula" thanks for the reply. I'm not actually getting a fa14 error. I was talking about the last page of the management list. It's title is "FA14 Detail Code History". I've never seen this before. I was wondering if anyone has seen or knew anything about what this page is referring to. It has its own list of error codes that are different then the normal ones from the book. Errors like..... "0xC095" or "0X9CE1"
I'm thinking it might be for Konica to help diagnose the issue even further??

Albonline
04-18-2012, 05:09 PM
those are abort codes with memory vectors. on your issure I would try reflashing it, that code range points to memory control errors, so next hit would be ram or mfp board. good luck.

HoonBoy
04-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Did you already try to format the HDD to solve the problem?

lanierboy
04-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks

Please see error code above, it is in the manual now and could be your MFPB is NG, i would go for firmware first

knightfall
04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
I just found this on the knowledge base it refers to this code when the hdd is replaced and internal data is different it may be a faulty hdd but there is a firmware in reference to this code.

Error C-E301 occurs for mismatching in the internal data as HDD is changed.
C-ED01 will be displayed as the mismatch in the internal data occurs as HDD is changed.
HDD Format will be necessary when this trouble is displayed.

firmware: A2X00Y0-F000-GPQ-65.exe

FrankieB
07-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey ths is in the data base youcan try this also
After turning ON the main switch, there is a possibility of one or more of the following symptoms.

MFP does not boot up. Machine stuck at hourglass/KM screen; operation panel appears to be locked up.

Black screen/Start key is blinking orange. Initial (warming up) function of main body works.

CD010 is indicated.

Continues to display the message(s), "Preparing Scan/Fax...", "Preparing User Box..." and CFA14 is indicated.

Solution
http://www.copytechnet.com/img/viewdoc_tab.gif

CAUSE: Poor SSD board connection or failed Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
SOLUTION: Please check/perform the following:
1. Power OFF the MFP then reseat memory and SSD board. Power ON to verify if issue reoccurs.
2. Power OFF the MFP; then disconnect the HDD harness. Power ON the machine which should boot, but indicate a CFA14 error. Unset HDD in Service Mode and machine should operate normally. Replace HDD (p/n A2X0M72C00

emujo
07-07-2014, 09:19 PM
You mention that this is a new machine..any chance it's a C654e? If so, then updating to C8 or E4, and placing the MFP at function version 5 should resolve this issue for you. You also need to update the drivers to ver 4.1.0.0 with the fuction version update. If it is truly a C654 (non e) then I would check which drivers the user is employing(ver 4.1.0.0 is for the e series at ver 5 only), verify you are up to date on firmware, and if no success, a change out of the SSD board. Emujo

blackcat4866
07-08-2014, 12:43 AM
... It has its own list of error codes that are different then the normal ones from the book. Errors like..... "0xC095" or "0X9CE1"
I'm thinking it might be for Konica to help diagnose the issue even further??

The 0X9CE1 means that there has been a low power fault for 2 seconds or more. It can occur because of dirty power (documented), or because the enduser is experiencing lockups in sleep mode, and is flipping off the main power switch to reset the machine. Firmware is supposed to resolve the lockups on the 654e.

There is another thread out there talking about these vector codes.

If you can figure out a way to get your enduser to fix the power, let me know. Mine won't budge, but that doesn't stop them from placing service calls. =^..^=

Froota
03-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Konica has to test their machines a bit better.....
We also have troubles on the new C458/558/658 serie, such as broken exit unit drives due to new functions, internal faults, etc.

It remindes me to the launch of the C224e models with the ssd troubles and others... always pretty scary if they are come out with a new model.

DKimble
08-04-2017, 04:43 PM
I have this code popping up on a c458 any firmware or suggestions?

kingarthur
08-04-2017, 04:55 PM
I have this code popping up on a c458 any firmware or suggestions?

there are lots of different reasons for E301, some of them aren't machine based, it's lots of stupid things , KM have recently issued a bulletin, advising it is,
· Firmware
· MFP Network Configuration
· Hardware
· Print Data

1st i'd do is update FW, if you look on the "read me" that comes with the FW, again it says about E301 & you can compare the "sub code" with your management list to see if it's the same E301 error

I'm actually using the "read me" pages to compile my own list of E301 errors

Vikingrepairguy
09-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Ive called Konica on this code for a different machine and they say its the machine not understanding the data, like if the user is printing from a web site that might have a embedded video or something of that nature

habik
09-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Ive called Konica on this code for a different machine and they say its the machine not understanding the data, like if the user is printing from a web site that might have a embedded video or something of that nature

Or printing over Airprint without selecting just content they want to print.

savtech
09-16-2017, 03:01 AM
Try to Change SW 25: hex20 to hex40 or hex60 depending of your firmware version...

Custom Search