PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Di3510 paper jam at drawer 1

Custom Search

brianho80
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi experts,

I had replace all the feed rubbers in tray 1 and even the clutch But problem remain same.

I opend up the front cover to view the paper path, i found that feed rubber seem cannot pull up the paper.

Tested with tray 2 and bypass, they dont have problem like tray 1

Can anyone please advise?

907tec
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
If the page is stopping in the feed rollers, or sticking out an inch or two with no signs of damage to the lead edge, I would replace the Tray 1 Feed Clutch. The problem is usually intermittent, and only happens out of tray 1. Remove the bypass tray assembly, tray 1, and tray 1 feed assembly to access. You should see a metal bracket attached to the rear of the frame behind Tray 1. The bracket has 5 or 6 screws holding it to the frame and one annoying little connector for the feed clutch. I have had some luck with cleaning the clutch using lighter fluid, but it never lasts too long. Better just to replace it. I believe the part number is 9322-1500-12.

Darren King
04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Check the mylar guide on the tray. They get bent and stop paper from feeding. Also the trays will crack where they latch and cause jamming. There is a bracked available to reinforce the tray. Part# 4030P00100. Clean the oneway bearings and rough up the shafts.
Hope this helps.
Darren

kronical
05-06-2012, 04:46 AM
I got hundreds of these bad boys...
As mentioned, clean out/replace the one-ways the rollers couple with. File or use sandpaper to scuff the shaft where the one-ways sit.
ALSO the little arm on the pickup assembly that is held to lower the pickup unit to the stack when the drawer is inserted - bend this arm upwards about 5 degrees. This will let the roller drop to the paper more and will certainly fix your problem (this mod has saved us thousands on needless roller replacements)

brianho80
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
dearest Masters,

thanks for the advise,

i had checked on the Mylar (condition good); replace the Clutch (which need to open up quite a lot of things) and lower the pick up roller position ( about 2mm ++)

it seem fine after complete on the above mentioned but after a week later back to review and check on JAM counter, i found the total jam count on drawer 1 is "100"

i did attach 2 photos, i don't know the way i assemble the feed roller correct or not. Can judge it base on the photo attached?

i just scuff the shaft and clean up again the one-way bearing, hopefully can settle the problem at the next visit.

minoltaed
05-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Replace the one ways.

EarthKmTech
05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Kronical is bang on the money, please follow his advice particularly about the arm.

judging by the photo you have ignored this advice.

Also ensure the front body of the tray where the machine body clips onto it isnt cracked and allowed to let the tray move forward - this can also cause the same issue as the arm..

kronical
05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Most of ours have cracked trays and we do see it cause some greif on occasion but rarely. I guess we're just having good luck with them... If it is cracked really bad we see issues where the tray shows as being unlatched while in operation.

PS my earlier mod will assist with pickup issues on all models using this type of feed assembly.

Darren King
05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I have found that repairing the cracked tray will negate the need to modify the white lever. If the tray can't move around then the white lever will not slide off the rear of the tray. And it requires much less labour.
Darren

kronical
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I would still mod the arm. Ive seen it fix jam issues even with new trays that are uncracked. Still, dont ignore the tray if it is cracked.

brianho80
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I would still mod the arm. Ive seen it fix jam issues even with new trays that are uncracked. Still, dont ignore the tray if it is cracked.

hi kronical, if my tray 1 front cover, it crack at the side on the node which slot into the machine body, will it cause of jam??

Darren King
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
The cracked tray and polished shaft under the one way bearings are the major cause of feed jams in the Di2010-3510 and BH200-350 machines.
The part # for the repair part is 4030P00100.
Hope this helps.
Darren

kronical
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Add the bracket to the tray as Darren said - and thanks Darren for that info we were never given that. Also clean out the oneways and sand/file the shafts to remove the glaze/smoothness. Modding the pickup drop arm as noted above will also help with better feeding and help the rollers last much longer.
This problem is very common on all models using this style feed unit.

Darren King
05-09-2012, 06:36 PM
KonMin also produces a modified feed drop lever. The part# for it is 4030-3011-03. The angle at the tip has been changed to better stay centred on the tray.
Darren

brianho80
05-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the precious advise.

It seem ok after following the ideas given.

At least from jam count I see no jam from the past 1 week.

Hopefully close case ;);)

mrwho
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
ALSO the little arm on the pickup assembly that is held to lower the pickup unit to the stack when the drawer is inserted - bend this arm upwards about 5 degrees. This will let the roller drop to the paper more and will certainly fix your problem (this mod has saved us thousands on needless roller replacements)

This one saved my day. Reps to you!

kronical
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM
No problemo. Cheap and easy fix!

Custom Search