PDA

View Full Version : Konica c500 Fiery password..

Custom Search

KyoceraChris
05-10-2012, 08:26 PM
hey guys i just recently sold an old bizhub pro c500 to help out a print shop in need.. But the previous owner put a pass code on the external fiery print unit that i can seem to crack.. I've tried "Fiery" and any thing i could possibly think of.. I pm'ed a member on this forum but he has not replied yet.. As you can imagine the customer is driving me nuts and i need to get this resolved asap! Any input is welcome, Thank you!!

Dickie
05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I've only ever fitted 1 fiery to an Olivetti badged Konica Minolta Colour machine.
Fortunately I made a note of the default fiery password, it is "Fiery.1"
Hope this helps but if an end user or engineer has changed it then you could be in trouble unless there is a factory reset.
If you can do a factory clear then the above works in the U.K

HoonBoy
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Did you already tried the default "Fiery.1" password?

HoonBoy
05-10-2012, 08:38 PM
There is a password.ps file, and if you import it with command workstation, it will print the password...

KyoceraChris
05-10-2012, 08:52 PM
i've tried the "fiery.1" but there is no number selection on the keyboard on the touch screen.. I did some reasearch into the posts for the password.pdf file but i cant get that to work either.. wth do i do...

Dickie
05-10-2012, 09:02 PM
The touchscreen can be toggled between upper & lower case charachters which will also bring up the numbers onto the on screen keypad.
The F in "Fiery.1" must be capitalised whist the remaining characters must all be lower case. Maybe this is your problem if you haven't discovered the second set of characters

Good luck

TheOwl
05-10-2012, 11:52 PM
As Dickie said.

If you are trying to send the password.pdf file, then you have the wrong file to start with. The file must be password.ps and sent to the direct queue of the device. If you need that file again, just do a search within this forum as I remember there was quite a lengthy discussion on that file.

RRodgers
05-11-2012, 02:18 AM
hey guys i just recently sold an old bizhub pro c500 to help out a print shop in need.. But the previous owner put a pass code on the external fiery print unit that i can seem to crack.. I've tried "Fiery" and any thing i could possibly think of.. I pm'ed a member on this forum but he has not replied yet.. As you can imagine the customer is driving me nuts and i need to get this resolved asap! Any input is welcome, Thank you!!

Did you leave it blank? Do a search on the forum for a file called password.ps upload it to the Fiery via the direct que and it will print out the password. Or pay me and I'll come out and fix it.

KyoceraChris
05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
thanks for all the input guys, i finaly got the password file thingy figured out.. What a pain in my arse..

Custom Search