PDA

View Full Version : KM bizhub C450 - ''Need to replace fusing unit''

Custom Search

Smiley27
05-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi folks, I am getting this message on display( ''Need to replace fusing unit'' ) .. I wonder, do I need to replace it?does this mean there is problem on fusing unit? or its just some counter?

Thanks.

blackcat4866
05-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Only if you want to use the machine for printing, copying, or scanning. If you don't change the fuser, it still makes a great doorstop. The fuser is chipped, so only a new fuser will clear the message. =^..^=

emujo
05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi folks, I am getting this message on display( ''Need to replace fusing unit'' ) .. I wonder, do I need to replace it?does this mean there is problem on fusing unit? or its just some counter?

Thanks.

The "Change Oil" light has come on on my dashboard...Does this mean I have to change the oil, or is it a just some counter. Emujo

rinser
05-28-2012, 04:50 PM
you can swap the fuse on the fuser.once you turn it back on, the fuse will blow and the fuser will be reset

JustManuals
05-28-2012, 06:00 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Smiley27
05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Ye, thats the solution, but , how to do it? where is it located, Iv been trying to find it,but no success...

you can swap the fuse on the fuser.once you turn it back on, the fuse will blow and the fuser will be reset

Shadow
05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
remove the covers and follow the wires. you are looking for a very small green resistor, it will be covered with plastic and have 2 zip ties.
this little green resistor is what you need to change. the best tip I can give you is to not solder in the new one. Just wrap the wires
around the ends of the resistor and then fold over the hard wire on the resistor. If you attempt to solder the new resistor in place you
run the risk of damaging it, then it becomes useless.

Smiley27
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
I dont think I understand what You just said, ''Just wrap the wires
around the ends of the resistor and then fold over the hard wire on the resistor'', so, I dont need a new one, just?...?:confused:

remove the covers and follow the wires. you are looking for a very small green resistor, it will be covered with plastic and have 2 zip ties.
this little green resistor is what you need to change. the best tip I can give you is to not solder in the new one. Just wrap the wires
around the ends of the resistor and then fold over the hard wire on the resistor. If you attempt to solder the new resistor in place you
run the risk of damaging it, then it becomes useless.

Shadow
05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
you do need a new resistor, your local electronics place should be able to match it for you.

Smiley27
05-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi, I bought 63 mA glass fuse, cut off the old one ( also 64 m A ) , cut the plastic like 1 cm on each wire, put it around fuse's wire, turned on machine,and it works now, but fuse fell off,and machine still works, do I need to place it back? or those 2 wiress are just for reseting?

you do need a new resistor, your local electronics place should be able to match it for you.

Albonline
05-29-2012, 05:15 PM
just to reset counter, the fuse should be open now. so you would need to put it back ? why?

Smiley27
05-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Cos, machine is giving me strange smell when I turn it on, but it works fine, I tought i need to put fuse back,but no sense since there is no electronical circuit since fuse has blown...

just to reset counter, the fuse should be open now. so you would need to put it back ? why?

rinser
05-30-2012, 09:30 AM
just wrap a bit of insulating tape round the 2 ends of wires just to be safe

Custom Search