PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Benefit of your Konica 7155 experience please.....

Custom Search

Max Kilby
05-29-2012, 02:56 AM
Hi Fellas.

I spent some time working on my first 7155 yesterday - woo - what a voyage of discovery that was!

The customer was having various J32 related jams - curiously the machine worked fine on double sided but jammed every copy on single sided - at what Konica appear to call the decurling roller.

It turns out that the guide that sits below the decurling roller had a crack on the end which I'm guessing is a common problem and the sensor actuator had slipped around from the guide fingers and got them in the wrong position so the paper was going up the wrong shoot. Once I moved the position of the fingers to the approximate location it started to feed out of the fuser and ADU and back into the exit guide (located inside the machine - not on the pull out transfer/fuser assy) but jammed once it got in there - almost like there's another one way bearing on that back of that one that needs cleaning (like the ones on the front of the fuser).

So the question is - can someone please confirm that the part number I need for the turn guide is 56AA 5109 0 - I checked out the manual (I've got all the manuals I need thanks!) but it isn't that clear with my limited experience on this model as the part I need appears to be part of the fuser but looks like it's actually a separate part of the duplex assembly.

Also - once I get that ordered and fitted - it looks like the finisher comes off and the access to the exit assembly is via the left hand end - am I on the money or barking up the wrong tree with my investigations of the next jam along the paper path?

Not too impressed with the 7155 so far - looks like they tooks some old bits from the 7045 and modified them to make an infernal machine of death and destruction......... It has done a lot of copies though.

Thanks for the sharing the benefit of your experience.

Darren King
05-29-2012, 06:53 PM
If you are talking about the paper activated gate in the turnover area then you have the right part number.
I am not clear on the second jamming problem. Can you take a pic and post it?
Darren

Max Kilby
06-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Just an update if anyone was wondering.

Fitted a new 56AA51090 (7155 paper exit open/shut guide) yesterday and the problems was fixed.

If YOU get a problem with various J32s - check the paper open/shut guide next to the fuser - it's spring loaded and has a flag attached that activates a sensor and lets the machine know when the paper has gone through. The flag end had cracked and was slipping on the shaft thus giving the machine incorrect timing information. I haven't seen any other posts on here with exactly the same cause/effect so something to note. Incidentally, the 7033/7045 series machines used to have a similar issue with the double sided turn guide which gave me a clue.

Cheers.

Custom Search