PDA

View Full Version : Konica Magicolor 5570 Toner problems !!

Custom Search

GeorgeBest
06-01-2012, 08:43 PM
It seems like a virus on this machine !!
Got 3 printers with the same problem. !
On everyone the toner has changed as indicated in the display.
However, the indikation is still there even tried several toner cartridges.
One printer says it doesn't have toner at all.
Tried cleaning toner chip/sensors, checked toner route, all without results.
is this coincidence on 3 machines or is it a structural problem ??

Hope someone can tip me here . . .

Thanks in advance

JR2ALTA
06-02-2012, 12:44 AM
are they having problems with a specific color or all 4?

I just changed the sensor that reads the toner cartridge chip on a MagiColor. But the problem was just with Yellow not all four.

On mine, the machine thought yellow was out, also on the Statistics Page it read Yellow as a "starter" toner even though it was a High Volume cartridge

GeorgeBest
06-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah, on one I had also reading a " starter" on the statistics page even though it was a hight voltage ! (yellow)
Is it easy to change the reading sensor ?
The other one gives no toner K.
Another one says there's no M toner !!

JR2ALTA
06-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, on one I had also reading a " starter" on the statistics page even though it was a hight voltage ! (yellow)
Is it easy to change the reading sensor ?
The other one gives no toner K.
Another one says there's no M toner !!

Ha, ha. That is odd.

It's pretty hard the first time, by the third you'll have it down.

The side cover, top cover, ops panel, power supply come off. The power supply is underneath the top cover. The sensors are underneath the power supply.

All four sensors are part of an assembly, black in color, held down by one or two screws. Each of the four sensors pop out of the assembly.

yurisan
06-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I have seen this problem on a 5550, and changing the sensors that detect the presence of a toner cartridge did not resolve the problem. The cause is elsewhere. Konica Minolta has struggled with these 5000 series, including the newer 5650's and 5670's. They will send you harnesses, boards, etc., suggest firmware updates - and nothing works that I have heard of. Some dealers have stopped selling them. These printers that should be selling for $1000 or more, are being blown out at $300-$500. Gotta tell you something.

Rubsey
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Looking at a MC5670 for this problem tomorrow.
I have looked at 4 machines in the past year with this reported problem and 3 have been down to poor connection of the CSIC pins on the toner cartridge.
On close inspection there was a pin that did not sit correctly or have enough tension to make a good contact to the cartridge.
They have modified the toner cartridge and the shape of the CSIC spring arms to stop them becoming deformed but the problem still occurs.
I have been advised that the NVram stores this information and the toner remaining amount which also could be corrupted, but this is not available as a spare part.
Good luck to me tomorrow then !

Custom Search