PDA

View Full Version : KM3530 on MAC OS 10.6 "Waste Toner Bottle Full"

Custom Search

autopilot
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I have a KM3530 (it's actually badged as a Utax CD1035)

There are drivers for this machine on the Utax website for Mac up to OS10.5. What is labelled as a 10.6 driver actually seems to be a Generic Post Script driver. When I install it the Mac refuses to print as the "waste toner bottle is full" despite the fact that it clearly isn't. Windows PC's print fine and all copy functions work.

Does anyone know of a work around for this?

Any help would be much appreciated

Venom
06-05-2012, 02:03 AM
http://www.kdaconnect.com/dnetpub/jsp/upload/resource/23570/0/Kyocera%20OS%20X%2010.5+%20Web%20build%202011.08.0 9.mpkg.dmg

driver looks available on kdaconnect. make sure that emulation on MFP is set to auto or kpdl

autopilot
06-06-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.kdaconnect.com/dnetpub/jsp/upload/resource/23570/0/Kyocera%20OS%20X%2010.5+%20Web%20build%202011.08.0 9.mpkg.dmg

driver looks available on kdaconnect. make sure that emulation on MFP is set to auto or kpdl

Thanks, I assume you need a dealer login for this site... as we're a Utax dealer I wouldn't have access to it. On the Kyocera Support UK site the highest version of the driver is 10.4/10.5 which doesn't work.

I think our solution for this will be to change the machine... I'd still like to get it sorted though even if it's just to satisfy my own curiosity.

It's set to Auto as there a load of windows pc's printing to it as well.

autopilot
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Got this working in the end...

Utax had a 10.6 specific driver for the CD1040 so I tried using this, they are the same machine but different printer board I think.

Anyway this didn't work either, same notification of waste bottle full and refusal to print. After a little digging around it seems that with the update to 10.6.8 a lot of Oki and Xerox printers had similar problems. The workaround being pushed was to disable SNMP on the printer so it wouldn't communicate with the driver regarding supplies.

This looked to be the logical solution but unfortunately the 1035 has no option to disable SNMP just to change the settings. I tried deleting the settings but it would always revert to default after submitting the change. Eventually I stumbled across a line of code you can add to the saved ppd file for the printer on the MAC that disables SNMP.

After doing this I tried to print, the same error icon came up against the printer indicating the waste bin was full but lo and behold the copier kicked into gear.

Well that's what I done today, true story :cool:

Custom Search