PDA

View Full Version : FS-C2626 Load paper in the Bypass Tray

Custom Search

ledoux
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I've got about 6 of these machines at 1 account in different locations all having the same issue. At first I thought it was a printing issue but now I'm leaning toward a hardware issue. It will intermittently tell the customer to load Letter paper in Tray 2. There is paper in cassette two and opening and closing the tray will correct the issue paper will print but will happen maybe a couple times a day. Doesn't seem to matter what application they are running it from. I've yet to duplicate the problem printing but I have seen it give a message in the Screen of the MFP saying "Load Letter paper in the MFP Bypass Tray" with no jobs in the cue just sitting at the ready screen. It's set to Auto paper select and you try to make a copy it will look for paper in the bypass and disregard the paper in Tray 2. The one thing I have noticed two of times I've been there when this message was on the screen, is if you open up the paper selection on the MFP where it normally says "Plain" it's blank. Go into the MFP/Tray Settings and under media type its set to Plain. Reboot the machine and open up paper selection Plain is back. The message for load paper in the bypass is gone and everything works perfectly. I'm thinking this is probably related to the print issue since a tech seen the same message one on their other machines and customer was saying the have to open and close tray 2 sometimes when they print because it says to load paper. I've upgraded firmware, swapped the cassette and swapped the machine last week. Called today and they are still having issues. The one in the shop hasn't gave me this message once yet. I just found out today when we were checking on the others that all the C2626's are having this issue but the 3640's are not. I've also tried setting the bypass to a different paper size but didn't seem to help any. The default tray in common settings is set to tray 2.

The set up on the machines are FS-C2626 with extra 500 sheet cassette. Legal in the top letter in the bottom. Didn't see any bulletins on this issue and am going to consult tech support in the morning. Was wondering if anybody has ran into this before. Thanks for reading my book, didn't mean to make this post this long.

bsm2
06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
check the paper setting in MS word or the app you are printing from kyocera drivers will NOT override MS IF MS says print from tray 1 and tray 1 is the bypass that why your getting the error messages

ledoux
06-07-2012, 02:56 AM
check the paper setting in MS word or the app you are printing from kyocera drivers will NOT override MS IF MS says print from tray 1 and tray 1 is the bypass that why your getting the error messages

That was my thought as well as I had issues with that after they were first installed, today I finally got it to malfunction in the shop. Looks like it's not seeing paper in the tray sometimes. Printed to it this morning and it said load paper in Tray 2. W as about a half a ream in the cassette. Pulled the tray out and pushed it back in printed fine but still didn't have the media type in the screen and when you tried to copy from the feeder it looked for paper in the bypass tray. Off the glass it would pull from tray 2. Rebooted the machine and all was right in the world again. Tech support suggested lift motor but kinda hard to believe I have 8 lift motors bad on machines that are less than 6 months old. Gonna try to get in touch with our regional rep tomorrow and see if he's got any suggestions.

ledoux
06-15-2012, 04:01 AM
*Update* Talked to our Kyocera rep and this is a known issue with these models. A firmware update should fix it. The firmware is still in the evaluation phase at the moment but he emailed it to us to try since it's a fairly large account that we are having issues with. So far so good. I couldn't get it to mess up in the shop again. Took it to customers site to evaluate for a week before we update the rest of the machines.

ehohenstein
10-23-2012, 01:31 AM
We had the same problem. 5 FSC-2626 models doing the same thing. We called hotline today and they had a firmware upgrade just for this issue. Not posted on the KDA connect site yet. Had to go to the FTP site. We have updated... and everything working fine

blackcat4866
10-23-2012, 02:00 AM
It sure isn't much like the previous Kyocera incarnations. Here is the one little paragraph that I found describing the function:
Group Settings
If multiple cassettes are available, you can set up to three groups of cassettes. Cassettes in a group are treated as a single tray. Paper can be fed continuously from grouped cassettes.

To setup: Go to web interface (Command Center) > Login > enter password > OK > Printer > Media Input > under Group Settings checkmark the two boxes in the first column for tray #1 and tray #2 > Submit. A message is displayed indicating that tray selection in the driver may be over-ridden by printer default.

If you had enough trays you could create three groups (three columns of checkboxes). It does test out. I was pleasantly surprised. =^..^=

Custom Search