PDA

View Full Version : KM3530 Unable to find SMTP server

Custom Search

goldencup
06-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Hi, im trying to set-up scan to email on KM-3530 but the sign always show "Unable to find SMTP server. Contact administrator." I'm using Windows 7 64bit, Outlook2007, Gmail. May i know how to set it up correctly? Thank you very much.

autopilot
06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi, im trying to set-up scan to email on KM-3530 but the sign always show "Unable to find SMTP server. Contact administrator." I'm using Windows 7 64bit, Outlook2007, Gmail. May i know how to set it up correctly? Thank you very much.

Can you ping the server ip you are using from a command prompt?

If your using the ip address to set it up try using the hostname or vice versa

Kidaver
06-06-2012, 04:20 PM
The problem is gmail. The older Kyoceras do not support Start TLS. The only way to use gmail on the old machines is to use the unsecure gmail smtp server, and then you can only scan from one gmail account to another. You can not scan to an email outside of gmail. Talking to tech support only the new TA series and the 1135's are all that have the TLS protocol.

autopilot
06-06-2012, 04:49 PM
The problem is gmail. The older Kyoceras do not support Start TLS. The only way to use gmail on the old machines is to use the unsecure gmail smtp server, and then you can only scan from one gmail account to another. You can not scan to an email outside of gmail. Talking to tech support only the new TA series and the 1135's are all that have the TLS protocol.

Good call... I should learn to read the whole post before jumping in

Custom Search