PDA

View Full Version : FS1128 Fax Memory Full

Custom Search

Zackuth
06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
We have a customer with an FS1128 and sometimes when they fax 5 pages or more, they get a memory full message. They have not had the machine a year yet and we have been there 4 or 5 times with this issue, and we can get it faxing right for a few days then it's back to the memory full error. We replaced the fax board today and hope this will work. Has anyone else had this issue with these machines? A Kyo rep told my supervisor it is the nature of the beast (1128's) but the other 80 machines we have in the field work just fine. I also checked the knowledge base and searched here and another site for 1128 fax issues and cannot find anything about a memory full error.

Venom
06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
My next guess would be memory dimm bad or try reseating every connection if problem returns.

bsm2
06-07-2012, 12:57 AM
you can add more memory will help and also shorten the time to redial to one minute also check how many redials no more than 5

aodtech
06-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Stupid question, but is the customer using colored paper or something with a heavy background? That kind of stuff will fill up the memory quickly. Also check the resolution. Standard Fax resolution on most of these machines is 200 x 100. You shouldn't have to go above that. If you're looking to send good quality documents, faxing is not the way to go. Try scanning.

Frostwolf
06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
I have a 1128MFP also running out of memory on reception. Manual says U19000 is out of memory. We have the 512mb expansion memory in the machine. And I can duplicate the problem on on our office machine. According to the spec sheet it only has 3.5mb of fax memory available. Printing the status page shows the option 3mb dimm installed for fax. This is silly to limit machine so much on memory for fax. I have a Muratec with 8mb that can do more than this with 768mb.

I did see a CF card holder on the board beneath the fax, I'm going to try a 32 or 16mb card in it to see if it helps. (Update: added a 32mb CF card and it still failed out at about 7 pages) Kyocera support has yet to answer.

patterson70
12-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Hello, did anyone find out if there was a solution to this problem? I have a Kyocera CS2550 with the same fax memory full problem.

subaro
12-03-2015, 04:00 AM
and we can get it faxing right for a few days then it's back to the memory full error.

May i ask, how did you get it faxing right again for a few days. what was your method ?.

what about firmware and u600.

Custom Search