PDA

View Full Version : KM 4550ci - 2 issues

Custom Search

Paul 75
06-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone . I have two problems on a 4550ci :

When copying or printing on A3 it will go into Tray B on the finisher (df 790 i think !). But it doesnt seem to eject the paper far enough and buckles over causing the sensor to think the tray is full. I have put firmware v3.70 on this machine hoping for a cure but no good. This fault is also on the bigger 6000 ci in another dept. It looks like it catches on the extendable tray but there is no physical adjustment that i can see.

Customer has a twin deck and two cassettes. One of the decks (4) is set to thick paper. When the other plain A4 cassettes run out, it takes from the thick stock. I have looked to turn this off in the system settings but to no joy. Is this in service mode somewhere ?

thanks

jmaister
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM

When copying or printing on A3 it will go into Tray B on the finisher (df 790 i think !). But it doesnt seem to eject the paper far enough and buckles over causing the sensor to think the tray is full. I have put firmware v3.70 on this machine hoping for a cure but no good. This fault is also on the bigger 6000 ci in another dept. It looks like it catches on the extendable tray but there is no physical adjustment that i can see.

Customer has a twin deck and two cassettes. One of the decks (4) is set to thick paper. When the other plain A4 cassettes run out, it takes from the thick stock. I have looked to turn this off in the system settings but to no joy. Is this in service mode somewhere ?

thanks

have you try turning Media for Auto BW/color to plain? if you set to "all media types." it may still pull from the other tray.

when you print, is the media type set to thick or "unspecified"?

Is Paper mismatch error set to "ignored"? Is print mode set to "auto" or "fixed"?

tech.gasm
06-14-2012, 07:39 PM

thanks

just my 2 cents;what happens when its ejected to tray A?How about if the paper is A4?could it be the paper quality?How bout if the paper is ..say 200gsm?

on the 2nd query,how about on the print driver,go to Device settings>>PDL>>PCL XL>>Settings>>Disable auto media type switching.

Custom Search