PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera FS-6025 : with a message " Clean the slit glass "

Custom Search

romnick
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Sir, please help me, I installed one brand new machine, after one week the customer called me because there is a message in the machine " CLEAN THE SLIT GLASS ". I checked the slit glass but no problem about it. I follow the direction on the control panel to reset it. After few days the customer called me again and the same message appear.The customer is tired for this message. Please guide me to solve this problem. Thank you and more power to all of you.

JustManuals
06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Eric1968
06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Clean the optics and the white plate.

skynet
06-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Enter service mode

U326 Setting the black line cleaning indication

Set it to off.

romnick
06-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank You, Skynet and to all who respond, I appreciated very much.

Service@PRT
03-13-2017, 09:58 AM
i have the same problem like this tho the unit is kyocera fsc8025

"Clean the slit glass"

I tried the given solutions... but still the machine showing clean the slit glass.

any other possibilities that might causing this error?

your respond is highly appreciated.

thank you

The_Murph
03-13-2017, 11:40 PM
Dust under the slit glass can also cause this. I've found that when it says it, it means it, but that's just my experience...

Santander
03-14-2017, 12:22 AM
If the unit is saying "clean the slit glass" it is detecting dirt or "a pen mark" on the slit glass. We had a customer a month ago calling every other day for either lines in the copy or the clean the slit glass message. Every time we went out we found a pen mark on the slit glass and cleaning it with Windex and a cloth solved the issue. The problem is user's place a document on the glass with a pen in their hand and inadvertently cause a mark on the slit glass. Shinning a flashlight across the slit glass showed the customer the mark the unit was seeing. We have not experienced any false indications of cleaning the slit glass, there is something there that the unit is seeing. Being a new unit I would suspect that a user is putting pen marks on the slit glass causing the issue and unless you are using a liquid cleaner in addition to a cloth the problem does not go away. You can turn the message off and then you will experience lines in the copies made with the Document Processor.

The_Murph
03-14-2017, 01:51 AM
If the unit is saying "clean the slit glass" it is detecting dirt or "a pen mark" on the slit glass. We had a customer a month ago calling every other day for either lines in the copy or the clean the slit glass message. Every time we went out we found a pen mark on the slit glass and cleaning it with Windex and a cloth solved the issue. The problem is user's place a document on the glass with a pen in their hand and inadvertently cause a mark on the slit glass. Shinning a flashlight across the slit glass showed the customer the mark the unit was seeing. We have not experienced any false indications of cleaning the slit glass, there is something there that the unit is seeing. Being a new unit I would suspect that a user is putting pen marks on the slit glass causing the issue and unless you are using a liquid cleaner in addition to a cloth the problem does not go away. You can turn the message off and then you will experience lines in the copies made with the Document Processor.

That at is exactly what I told my tech ... Well put and very thorough explanation. I would add that you can manipulate the glare from overhead lighting to locate the pen ink ...

Service@PRT
03-14-2017, 06:37 AM
thanks for the input guys, done everything i could with the machine 5 times already that i cleaned not just the slit glass but the whole scanner section of that machine... i even re-seat all the connectors in both parts. so was wonder might be something else that causes this problem. i've done u326 as well and turn it off . still clean slit glass showing.

thank you.

The_Murph
03-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Have you contacted Kyo support or your regional tech rep? That's where I'd go next... Make sure you flashed the firmware too.

Santander
03-15-2017, 12:35 AM
thanks for the input guys, done everything i could with the machine 5 times already that i cleaned not just the slit glass but the whole scanner section of that machine... i even re-seat all the connectors in both parts. so was wonder might be something else that causes this problem. i've done u326 as well and turn it off . still clean slit glass showing.

thank you.

Have you turned on correct black line in systems settings? This allows the unit to ignore dirt on the slit glass up to a certain extent. Have you cleaned "under' the slit glass? Had one today that was producing a line in the copies from the adf and found that speck of dirt had been attached under the slit glass, not common but it does happen.

blackcat4866
03-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Have you turned on correct black line in systems settings? This allows the unit to ignore dirt on the slit glass up to a certain extent. Have you cleaned "under' the slit glass? Had one today that was producing a line in the copies from the adf and found that speck of dirt had been attached under the slit glass, not common but it does happen.

I had one the other day on which the speck was on light source #1 (the mirror right below the lamp). And the customer pointed it out to me before I had a chance to discover it! Quickest call of the day. =^..^=

Service@PRT
03-15-2017, 06:25 AM

yes done that as well, id make sure that slit glass and its surrounding is clean well. i turned it off for sometimes and i turned it back on again because its not removing the message clean the slit glass. is it possible that firmware upgrade can solve the problem?

Service@PRT
03-26-2017, 06:26 AM
this is my longest call time... been almost 3 weeks and still cant find the answer.. i even pulled out the machine to have it check for in-house repair...already disassemble the scanner unit... and i still get the same error.. clean slit glass message..

any help would do. thanks

tech28
03-27-2017, 02:59 AM
Older canon's have the same thing, you could turn that off in one of the user function modes. Have you check the users manual to see if there is something to turn off? Just a thought.

Service@PRT
03-27-2017, 05:56 AM
yep it was u326 but... still the same... last thing i might do is firmware upgrade.. but cant find one.. coz need to have a dealer accounts on kyo website to be able to download one.

Custom Search