PDA

View Full Version : Trifold on FS-612/PRESS C6000

Custom Search

blackcat4866
06-16-2012, 02:09 AM
From my reading I think this is impossible, but I'll run it by you.

Let me say in advance that the trifolds are well within machine specs. The problem is that the customer wants the "b" section (center part) to be 93mm not 100mm. I've fiddled with all the adjustments available in the Finisher section of the service mode. I can move the folds forward or backward, but in the end the center section is always ~100mm. Has anybody fought with this? =^..^=

Mr Spock
06-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Measure the distance between the folding rollers and I believe that is 100mm. That is why it is that way. I could be wrong.....:p

Ok I was wrong. The 100mm is the distance between the tri-fold stopper(after making the first fold) and the second folding roller. These are little tabs on the left side of the folding unit just above where the folded sets come out. I would not mess with these (there is some adjustment but I do not recall how much) as they have to be completely square or the fold is crooked. Usually it is either set for letter or a4.

blackcat4866
06-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I'll take a little closer look at that stopper. Thanks.
And yes, I'll be cautious. I've screwed up perfectly working equipment before. =^..^=

Gort
06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
The stopper Mr Spock referenced will adjust the 2nd fold stopper hence the center panel width. However, the panels may not be of equal length if the stopper is moved too far. There is only so much adjustment you can do through software.
There is a black plate that rotates for jam clearance (spring loaded) on the lower left side of the stacker unit as it is pulled out. There is about 8-10 mm of adjustment as I recall. If you really feel the motivated, the oval holes on the stopper plate can elongated.

blackcat4866
06-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Thank you, Gort. If the adjustment is centered I could conceivably gain 5mm, and if motivated maybe more.

I have the feeling that I'll get plenty of opportunities to visit this machine. =^..^=

Gort
06-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I realized that adjustment is a fixed adjustment, if your customer wants to change back to the normal fold position the stopper plate will need to be moved back.

blackcat4866
06-18-2012, 01:02 AM
The picture pixelizes badly when enlarged. Could you perchance enlarge it before attaching? Or where did you get the image from? Thanks in advance. =^..^=

blackcat4866
08-13-2012, 07:43 PM
It was a breeze. Thanks for the help Mr. Spock, and Gort. I found the adjustment on the guide tagged FN10. Before I started I scored the back part of the bracket about the same place as it was scored on the front part. That made it easy to keep it square to the guide. It was defaulted to the A4 setting. My final adjustment (exactly 93mm) was 1 1/2 tic marks past the LTR setting. The slot is a full 7/8" long, so there is plenty of adjustment without getting creative. Once there, I just tweaked the Finisher > Trifold Adjust to -25 and it was perfect. Again thanks! =^..^=

Custom Search