PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Kyocera / Utax

Custom Search

vamoursly
06-19-2012, 01:04 PM
We have bought secondhand a fast black and white Utax machine, I believe 50 pages a minute, the machine is less than a year old.

It was cheap as it has an issue that was not resolved. Every time you do a print or scan there is a paper jam.

The jam code is Jam 18, paper is not getting anywhere near the fuser and is creased.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

Thanks

Vamoursly

vamoursly
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Can verify model now, UTAX CD1252

Thanks

V

vamoursly
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I have got hold of the service manual and it looks like jam18 refers to vertical paper misfeed, a switch is not responding in the allocated time.

I have gone into maintenance mode and tested 0031 and cannot hear anything from feed 1.

I take it just a case of replacing the required switch?

Thanks

V

dickierock
06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Can you confirm it jams EVERY time for Printing and Scan?
Does it jam when you copy?
Does it Jam from each cassette?
Does it jam from the Bypass tray?
Check these you will be closer to a solution.

vamoursly
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Hello

Yes it Jams every time in the same place, regardless of a print or copy and regardless of paper source, any cassette or bypass

Thanks

V

Venom
06-21-2012, 12:15 AM
J18 can be registration clutch or the one-way bearing grey roller on middle feed unit is slipping

dickierock
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Because its jamming every time I would be more inclined first of all to look at the sensor involved and see if you can swap it with another on the
machine.Identify the sensor involved,examine the finger of the sensor to see if its not broken,trapped or has a spring missing/out of place,then swap out the photo-interrupter if needed.

Custom Search