PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous WASTE TONER SPILL ANYONE!

Custom Search

Dave10
06-21-2012, 02:49 PM

So...anyone else having this issue? this was on a 3550ci. i think whoever designed this waste toner system needs to go back to school and rethink this. The rubber cap design, in my opinion does not work that well. we have had a few instances, like the photo here, where the machine doesn't give the "replace waste tank soon" message. either that or the customer just ignores it and runs the machine until it shuts itself down. we always check the rubber cap on these tanks before we replace them. and we also instruct the customer to do so as well. but this system seems to be more troublesome than any other design i have seen. i was just wondering if anyone else is having as much trouble with these as we are, and if anyone has any other photos to share. I think some kind of a retro-fit might be in order, since this is making our customers feel unhappy about an otherwise pretty good machine.

exit148
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Kyocera did acknowledge that the rubber bladder seal can come loose at times & toner will just keep flowing out of it without triggering the recep full mssg. They said something about blowing into them before installing to make sure the rubber seal is adhered correctly before installing. Kyo does know about it & I think they claim it was an isolated defec batch of toner receps.

Dave10
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
another thought, we have also seen on the "good" ones, even when it is full and the bladder seal does not pop off some machines will still not notify the user that the waste tank is full.

Kidaver
06-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah I've had this call....per customer "toner was coming out of the wrong side of the machine"...I thought they were just crazy...till I showed up and saw the mountain of waste toner and said "let me go get my vacuum"....

luddite
06-21-2012, 04:14 PM
We have also had problems with this over complicated design it just doesnt seem to work properly, it reports waste toner full when only half full, due the sensor detecting toner sticking to inside of neck.

We have also experienced paper feed problems with this range due to faulty one way clutch on feed shaft.
Guess what the part costing anly a few pounds is not available as separate part, instead you have to order the complete assy costing £130 ish pounds.

Geo
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Dave
You just don't get it.Nothing is wrong ...the waste toner is going into the axillary toner collection area.:rolleyes:

Kidaver
06-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Paul maybe you should sell non crappy waste toner bottles too!

Venom
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I check the waste bottles every call now and glue the diaphragm if loose. Have had 5 machines dumping waste toner.

blackcat4866
06-21-2012, 10:58 PM
The leakers I've found got bandaged with these large self-adhesive mylars. I don't remember where the stickers came from, but if the surface is clean they'll never come off (or consequently leak).

My personal favorite as waste bottles go, is the Mita DC-2285. The waste bottle was sort-of football shaped, and if you were motivated enough you could get it installed backwards. I don't remember what the call was for, but I opened the front door and something just seemed wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it exactly ... when I noticed the waste bottle was quivering with anticipation. When I reached for it, it leaped over my shoulder and bounced 6 times. Each time it bounced it left a circle of toner ~ 6 feet in diameter. Fortunately for me it was a concrete floor, and the maintenance people helped me clean up.

Rather than have that messy waste bottle problem they decided just to leave it out. The next call was for misfeeds in the duplexer. The paper just couldn't push it's way through the 4" deep of waste toner collected in the bottom of the machine. It must have been nearly 3 quarts.
=^..^=

banginbishop
07-15-2012, 05:56 PM
dont really look at the km pages much these days but there is a bulletin on this problem - waste bottles have been upgraded due to a manufacturing fault. sorry its a bit late

Custom Search