PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C450 - How to wipe memory?

Custom Search

redhills
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello,

I own a C450 copier which I am about to sell and need to do a memory reset on. How can I do this? Because of a "misfeed" problem I am having issues accessing anything on the touch screen and I unfortunately do not know the password to logon to the administrator IP connection over ethernet, if that makes sense. Is there a way to do a "hard reset" on this to just wipe all the memory of everything possible? Is there a default password to log on to the ethernet control panel ? I'm just the unpaid intern so I apologize if this seems vague or incompetent. I appreciate your help!!

redhills
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Also, I should mention that whenever I hit util/counter to do the reset as described in the manual, it doesn't give me any options from that screen. Maybe this is because there is a non-existant "paper jam" for which an error screen is present.

JustManuals
06-21-2012, 08:03 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
access service mode (im not going to tell you how, do your own research its on this site if you look and it doesnt matter if theres a current jam)

format the hard drive. (address book data will be all gone along with any data stored in the user box(s))

within service mode you can reset the administrator password to what ever you like (default is 12345678)

you can then access admin mode to do what ever you like. (still wont be able to access if there is a paper jam error though)

If there is a CE password request when you try to enter service mode and you dont know what it is, your screwed and will need to do an NVRAM initialize. (certainly not for an end user to perform)

default CE password is 92729272 (Who enables CE authentication mode and doesn't change the password? Not many people leave it on the default)

mrwho
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
If there is a CE password request when you try to enter service mode and you dont know what it is, your screwed and will need to do an NVRAM initialize. (certainly not for an end user to perform)

Maybe not, I had that same problem before (albeit on a different model) and got help right here on CTN - not sure on which thread, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

EarthKmTech
06-22-2012, 01:07 AM
I have been able to enter service mode without a ce password on a machine that was locked down before in an unusual set of circumstances. I dont know if it was a hidden back door or simply a firmware bug.

ni311
06-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Sounds interesting but I'm not sure it is possible to enter in service mode without the password, this is why the password is there. Give us more details, if possible.

mrwho
06-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Sounds interesting but I'm not sure it is possible to enter in service mode without the password, this is why the password is there. Give us more details, if possible.

Try to enter Trouble Reset mode, press the "Trouble Reset" button and then, when the "Ok" appears on the screen, try to enter service mode without turning off the machine.

blackcat4866
06-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Why not just remove the hard drive? Noone is going to want to buy or bring back into service a C450 anyway. Let it go to the graveyard sans HDD. =^..^=

ni311
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Why not just remove the hard drive? Noone is going to want to buy or bring back into service a C450 anyway. Let it go to the graveyard sans HDD. =^..^=

Well, actually someone it is buying this, read the first sentence of the first post in the thread.

Custom Search