PDA

View Full Version : OCE vs. Konica Imaging Units

Custom Search

mrfuser
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know if the OCE and the Konica IU's are chipped differently?

Thanks!

Kelly

Darren King
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
My only experience is with an Oce 2223. I changed the softswitch to make it a KonMin C223 and KonMin drums worked. The toners are identical between the two.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Dickie
07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
In the U.K Oce machines work fine with Minolta units in them but to be totally sure you could load the Minolta firmware then it will look for Minolta units. I think I posted this on a thread started by Darren in the past and from memory he flashed the firmware and everything was fine the machine thought it was a Minolta

mrfuser
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
It is a konica minolta c352. Another client had an oce equivalent unit that we got a bunch of supplies for and were wondering if they would work.

Kmdurrin
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
It is a konica minolta c352. Another client had an oce equivalent unit that we got a bunch of supplies for and were wondering if they would work.

They will. The only real difference between the two is the splash screen and the plastic labels on the machines panels.

kronical
07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
NO they will NOT work. The IUs are coded for the firmware which IS indeed different between the c352 and cm3521.

mrfuser
07-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Can we take an iu chip from konica and install in oce to make the oce iu work in the konica?

ineo+6501
08-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Can we take an iu chip from konica and install in oce to make the oce iu work in the konica?

Yes you can. We have done this many times.
The same applies to Develop units. Just fit the correct branded chip.

kronical
08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
The units are 99% the same with the extra 1% being the chip. So yes you can put km chip on oce unit to have them work in the km box.

mitchl
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
If you look up the guy on this site that sells resetters he can hook you up with tool to re-burn the chips........... As long as you have the files which I do and your more than welcome to if you decide to go this route.

Mortimer
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
If you look up the guy on this site that sells resetters he can hook you up with tool to re-burn the chips........... As long as you have the files which I do and your more than welcome to if you decide to go this route.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I have somewhat fell into this predicament.
I am used to working with mostly xerox printers.

I have the OCE Cm3521 because the friend that sold it to me said the C352 parts/ toners would work "no problem" well there was a problem..

Do you guys know what parts will work? or how to reset the chips so that I can use the konmin parts?

Thanks!

mitchl
04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
" the friend that sold it to me said"
Some friend.............. just kidding, yeah your machine is the same as the KM c352 except all the IU's and toners have different chips on them. You have 2 ways you can do things, look for Oce/imagistic's 498 supplies which will work out of the box or find someone with a C250/252/300/352 resetter that has the Oce bin files and burn a new chip when you need toner or an IU replaced. Weve been resetting the chips for years now and they work fine. Now to really confuse the hell out of you.......... you can also use IU210's and TN210 toner which goes in the Bizhub C250's but again you will need to burn the chips with the proper bin files. You can also use the Oce/Imagistics equivalent's which are the 488 supplies, you may have to do a slight modification with a pair of pliers, if the unit doesnt fit snap off the post or insert that is keeping it from going in properly. I know it sounds complicated and semi cheesy but I havent paid over 75 dollars for a new color IU in years and go through 100's of these a year so the savings is definitely worth the small hassle. By the way I have all the bin files so if you find a person with a resetter PM me and I'll send you the bin files or I can burn chips and send them to you.

Custom Search