PDA

View Full Version : CQ Task Alfa 250ci intermittent streaking

Custom Search

tbsoa
07-02-2012, 09:39 PM
When printing in monochrome, partial magenta and cyan streaking occurs from lead to trail edge. Tried transfer belt did not help. Replaced color cln dev motor, no change. If anyone has some ideas, please reply to gregoryt4@gmail. (gregoryt4@gmail.com)file://localhost/Users/gregory/Desktop/doc20120621085024.pdf
The attached file is a preprinted color original on which a monochrome printing is done.

Eric1968
07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
The attachment is not a monochrome print. The little circles above "Minnesota Public Radio" are in color. If replacing the Transfer Belt didn't solved it, maybe you could replace the M and C drums.

tbsoa
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
When printing in monochrome, partial magenta and cyan streaking occurs from lead to trail edge. Tried transfer belt did not help. Replaced color cln dev motor, no change. If anyone has some ideas, please reply to gregoryt4@gmail. (gregoryt4@gmail.com)file://localhost/Users/gregory/Desktop/doc20120621085024.pdf
This is a preprinted original with color logos at top and bottom. The print is done with monochrome.

NeoMatrix
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
As a quick test....
Have you tried cleaning the Transfer roller ?

blackcat4866
07-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Was the pre-printed stock printed on the Saturn or another copier?
Which is the feed direction, LTR or LTR-R?

What you may be looking at is the pre-printed image adhering to the fuser, then re-printing onto later images. Clean the fuser roller/belt, run some white plain paper to confirm that the rollers are clean, then run a few hundred color images on plain white paper. If the fuser stays clean you can be sure that the toner used to make the letterhead fuses at a lower temperature, and is happy to re-adhere to the fuser.

I came across this on a Konica Minolta C353 in which the customer was feeding used 100% fill one-sided images which were originally printed on a Ricoh CLxxxx. These pages glued themselves nicely to the pressure roller 4 layers deep.
=^..^=

tbsoa
07-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Was the pre-printed stock printed on the Saturn or another copier?
Which is the feed direction, LTR or LTR-R?

What you may be looking at is the pre-printed image adhering to the fuser, then re-printing onto later images. Clean the fuser roller/belt, run some white plain paper to confirm that the rollers are clean, then run a few hundred color images on plain white paper. If the fuser stays clean you can be sure that the toner used to make the letterhead fuses at a lower temperature, and is happy to re-adhere to the fuser.

I came across this on a Konica Minolta C353 in which the customer was feeding used 100% fill one-sided images which were originally printed on a Ricoh CLxxxx. These pages glued themselves nicely to the pressure roller 4 layers deep.
=^..^=
The customer tried printing in monochrome 350 pages onto plain paper and streaking happened again. I will bring another transfer roller and fusing unit. I will let you know what the issue is. Thank you for your help.

dickierock
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
As far as i'm aware with these models,the colour drums are not in use when printing/copying monochrome.However,its does look to me like drum unit issues and to rule them out I would give those cyan/magenta drums a check or swap out for testing.Also I think they are interchangable so change magenta for yellow etc to see if the problem moves to yellow.good luck.

tbsoa
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
As far as i'm aware with these models,the colour drums are not in use when printing/copying monochrome.However,its does look to me like drum unit issues and to rule them out I would give those cyan/magenta drums a check or swap out for testing.Also I think they are interchangable so change magenta for yellow etc to see if the problem moves to yellow.good luck.

I will try rotating drum units and update everyone.

blackcat4866
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM

You're correct dickie. The color transfer rollers retract when making black copies, but if the color drums are not cleaning some toner may transfer by physical contact only. =^..^=

tbsoa
07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
You're correct dickie. The color transfer rollers retract when making black copies, but if the color drums are not cleaning some toner may transfer by physical contact only. =^..^=

Hi guys. I believe I found the issue, cross my fingers for now. Here is what I found. The HVT that contains four metal springs which make contact with the transfer belt has some springs collapse inside. This springs were as you can guess for CYAN and MAGENTA colors. When they were loose, they created electrical noise. This most likely created the color lines on my sample. Make sure to check your HVT springs next time your copier behaves as my did. Thank you for your help.

Kidaver
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
which springs are you talking about and where are they located exactly. I have a machine that seems to be doing this same issue as well.

blackcat4866
07-12-2012, 01:26 AM
If it's what I think it is, the HVT has four coil springs that reach through the rear frame to contact the transfer belt unit, to provide transfer voltage to each of the four transfer rollers. If you get too energetic when installing the transfer belt unit, you can dislodge one or more of these springs (which I've done also).

You do have to completely remove the HVT to properly position the contact springs. Mine was during a PM, adding two hours to an already long PM. I never did run any prints/copies. I knew I did it right away, when I couldn't see the black transfer spring any more. =^..^=

jmaister
07-12-2012, 09:43 PM
+1 on M and C drum being the weaker component.

on off cycle, the drums werent holding the charge well so the toner went to party on M C...hammer?

And since the T belt glides on static charges of the drum, insufficient charge can cause physical contact and leaves drag marks.

just me crazeh 2 cents.

Kidaver
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm having this same issue with streaking and it's all 3 colors and random on the pages. The packet has about 60 or so pages and about 13 of them have these streaks. First was on a machine at a school's admin office. Ordered new transfer belt and put it in and got c2700 code, so grabbed another from the shop to test and machine comes back up but still streaks. I'll have to thank KDA for sending me a transfer belt with a bad color release motor. So the secretary decided she'd go over to the elementary and use their color machine to print out what she needed. Now the elementary machine is doing the same thing and the belt in it was changed about 3 weeks ago. The town these machines in is notorious for brownouts and power outages due to the Firestone tire plant drawing power on the town. I would suspect power issues but then these machines have been working for the last 2 years without this issue. This one has me frustrated for sure.

Venom
07-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Also take a look at the filters that you clip in to the developer units, if filter on black unit isn't fully seated, it rubs on the bottom of the transfer roller and streaks color but black won't be effected.

blackcat4866
07-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey thanks Venom. Interesting ... =^..^=

Kidaver
07-19-2012, 02:10 PM
the filters are all good...I pulled all the drums and devs out yesterday and they looked fine...and when it streaks it does all 4 colors one right after the other over 2-3 pages....boss just said put MK A & B in it...it's nearing that time anyways...

blackcat4866
07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I suppose that you would notice really loud gear noise, like the MP drive assembly skipping against the gear on the transfer belt cleaning unit? Or the transfer auger unit packed solid with toner? That's all I can really think of. =^..^=

Kidaver
07-19-2012, 02:21 PM
yeah I checked the waste toner auger...it wasn't packed up...even sat with my head up against the machine to see if that waste toner motor might be goin out. I can't find anything physically wrong with the machine. Like I said I think it's just their crappy power as we have all kinds of issues with this school district. But we'll do new drums and devs and see how it goes.

Venom
07-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Also there is newer style drum drive flange that stops the drum drive from popping out, does weird lines, one color gets shifted and may appear to be blur in some cases.
When you have drums out, press on the flanges and see if they are sticky

Custom Search