PDA

View Full Version : Fiery IC-402 picture demand and how to upgrade OS and hardwares

Custom Search

akbareshghi
07-18-2012, 10:54 AM
i wan to buy Fiery controller for only print high-res pictures with C450
please guide me about how much specification of fiery
type specification is given below by konica minolta site
Printer Specification
Controller
Fiery IC-402
Hardware Type
Embedded X3e
CPU
Intel Celeron 2.0GHz / 400MHz (FSB)
Memory
Std 256 MB - DDR400 (PC3200) - Max 512 MB
OS
System 6e (Linux 2.6 base Gnu Debian)
Harddisk
40 GB
Interface
Ethernet: Standard
TokenRing: No
Parallel: No
USB: USB 2.0 (also utilised for Firmware update)
Driver
PostScript: Adobe PostScript 3 (3016)
PDF: PDF 1.5 support
PCL: PCL6c
Software Utilities
Command WorkStation, Scan Box Utility, DocBuidler, FreeForm, Color Wise Pro Tools (V3.2), WebTools, DownLoader, Spooler,
Twain Scan (Remote Scan 5.2), Remote Scan (Version 5.2), Graphic Arts Light Features (Option) (SpotOn (std), AutoTrapping, HotFolder), Color Profiler (Option), Impose (Doc Buidler Pro) (Option), Konica Minolta MIB (Standard MIB III + KM printer MIB), CS Remote Care ((Phase 1 only via telephone line), PageScope Web Connection (routed to MFP via 2nd Lan connection)
Features
Load Balancing, Archiving, Rip-While Print, Fast Reprint, Mixed Media, Accounting, Group Printing, Secure Printing
Network
NetWise, Novell NDS compliant, Netware Version 5.x or later, Auto Switching Protocols
Apple Talk, IPP, Terminal Server, Point and Print, Click and Print, Port 9100, LPR printing

TheOwl
07-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Well there isn't much to say really. Yes the Fiery will enable you to print high res pictures, but so will the standard controller.

The Fiery interface allows for further job manipulation once the job has been spooled on the Fiery such as job stitching, changing print settings and re-printing jobs previously sent to the Fiery.

The one big deciding factor to think about is "Is my C450 in good enough condition to print the high res pictures to my satisfaction"? Your machine is starting to get old and putting a Fiery on it won't make the output quality any better than it currently is.

Reasons why we fit Fierys to copiers:

1. Job Management capabilities of Fiery
2. Calibration for paper stocks
3. The machine is for pre-production or is a production class device
4. Mostly fitted only for print shops and printers
5. Auto-trapping feature (stopping the colours from shifting away from one another)

Custom Search