PDA

View Full Version : C6501 C6500 Fuser making clikcing sounds after service...

Custom Search

methogod
07-23-2012, 04:18 AM
This is one of two fusers we swap as needed so we always have a working fuser.

Just replaced all 3 rollers, fusing belt, lower bearings and busings (they were grinding). This is the fuser that came with one of my C6501's so i know it has around 1.2m on it.

I can see any thing loose when advancing manually or with the top open.

anyone ever have this, i am thinking a loose screw is allowing something that is tensioned some play.

A side note, when i run heavy stock it works fine, when i run 80gsm coated it really makes waves, BUT my fuser does this but no ware as much.

I know the registration roller is due, just waiting for parts.

Gort
07-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Gears? Several of the fuser gears need to be replaced @ 600k. Check the service manual for the replacement interval for the fuser gears.

methogod
07-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Gears? Several of the fuser gears need to be replaced @ 600k. Check the service manual for the replacement interval for the fuser gears.

right on, 3 one way bearings was causing some slippage. Without the clicking noise we would of never known because it wasn't at failure yet.

Gort
07-24-2012, 06:04 AM
You may also want to replace the torque limiter under the lower roller. If is has over 1 million clicks it is ready to crap out, I replace the torque limiter and gears at the same time. When it fails you will have jamming and strange fusing problems.

JustManuals
07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search