PDA

View Full Version : c350 paper lift sensor?

Custom Search

mrfuser
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Drawer three won't lift. Which ARM or sensor tells the machine that drawer is in and to lift?
It does recognize that the drawer is inserted in tech mode. Just won't lift. We replaced lift motor, board on the lower back for paper drawers, feed head, still won't lift. Tray 1 and 2 work great.

Thanks

Kelly

mrfuser
08-13-2012, 01:16 AM
No thoughts?

Shadow
08-13-2012, 01:19 AM
is the tray disabled in tech mode? if I remember correctly there is a sensor above the tray, check to see that it is not disconnected.

mrfuser
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
no it is not disabled as it recognizes letter size paper when inserted, it just won't lift the paper so it always says "replenish paper".

I replaced both upper limit sensors and it still says this error.:mad:

Thanks

Kelly

habik
08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
We use to wrap along a bit of the cleaning tape you use for cleaning LED's at the rocker arm on the back of the PC-201 where it meets the tray and recognises it correctly.I hope it was for this machine as it was long time ago.

Shadow
08-13-2012, 08:53 PM
check the paper detect sensor arm, it might be knocked out of place.

mrfuser
08-13-2012, 09:23 PM
okay, multiple things were going on. We had no code at all for any failure, yet for fun we reset the trouble button and also added a clip to the rear of the tray and what do you know, it activated! I had tried the clip before and nothing, so the trouble button must have needed reset for some odd reason. Go figure!

Thanks all!

Kelly

habik
08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
okay, multiple things were going on. We had no code at all for any failure, yet for fun we reset the trouble button and also added a clip to the rear of the tray and what do you know, it activated! I had tried the clip before and nothing, so the trouble button must have needed reset for some odd reason. Go figure!Thanks all!Kelly:D Good Job, It could possibly be both :D Either not enough depth for the pickup unit to reach paper, there fore raising the tray or pseudo lowering the arm will do the job too.

mrfuser
08-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks. We are still seeing random vertical transport jams only when using tray 3. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kelly

habik
08-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks. We are still seeing random vertical transport jams only when using tray 3. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kelly

It may be possibly a delay on 3rd pickup unit. Have you checked the one way bearings on the feed shafts. there is 2, one for pick up and one for feed. It does not harm to give them a good bath in WD40 and then putting cloth through until tight and then turning few times so it bites the cloth and then counter rotate about 7x to clear all the junk inside, then again bite on the cloth and repetively until you should get just clean cloth, I usually get on 3rd corner of my rag a clean result. Also would not hurt to check the clutches. rust in particular does a lot of trouble, I do it now all the time its only extra 5 minutes, then I am sure I checked and cleaned everything in the feed section, so I can reliably say the cause is elsewhere. What is the count on those tyres in 3rd tray?

habik
08-15-2012, 06:38 PM
It may be possibly a delay on 3rd pickup unit. Have you checked the one way bearings on the feed shafts. there is 2, one for pick up and one for feed. It does not harm to give them a good bath in WD40 and then putting cloth through until tight and then turning few times so it bites the cloth and then counter rotate about 7x to clear all the junk inside, then again bite on the cloth and repetively until you should get just clean cloth, I usually get on 3rd corner of my rag a clean result. Also would not hurt to check the clutches. rust in particular does a lot of trouble, I do it now all the time its only extra 5 minutes, then I am sure I checked and cleaned everything in the feed section, so I can reliably say the cause is elsewhere. What is the count on those tyres in 3rd tray?

Forgot to add, how is the paper dust remover, is it worn out, is the mylar scrubbed down to the adhesive, this gave me a pain once. a little slug on the paper dust remover and you get jam...especially if it comes from lower trays. Good luck, let us know how did it go.

Custom Search