PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250 NvRam Error C-d36E

Custom Search

endusergeek
08-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Hello, and thank you for letting me post. I have a Bizhub c250 that dates from 2005. A couple of days ago, the display flashed multiple times when I pressed the low power button, and the machine restarted in Japanese. I reset the language and then got a Cd-270 error, which I reset with at date clear. Now, I get a C-D36E error. I can clear it with the S07139* sequence. When I restart the machine, everything is hunky dory for a while. As long as I'm printing, I get no errors. If the machine sits for a while, like 10 min, the C-D36E error comes back. I can reset it again, and again, and again.... same thing. Sometimes, there is more than one error so the key sequence needs to be repeated, but this does not happen very ofter.I have read the posts, and know it's a NvRam error, but why does it go away and then come back? Is there a way to determine what is causing the error to recur? Thanks for your help, and if it needs a firmware upgrade to Phase 3.01 as Bulletin 5783 indicates, has anybody done this successfully? The bulletin is found at: Boletin NVRAM No 5783 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/96305692/Boletin-NVRAM-No-5783)Thanks.

Bizhub
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I would suspect the battery pack on the NVRam is shot. The code can appear every hour and yes S07139 will clear it (for an hour or so)
I would download from K-M NVRam recovery tool and firmware it to the machine and see how you get on.
Depending where your machine came from you could get a replacement from K-M tech support.

I could supply a blank NVRAM if you are interested contact bizhub@mail.com for details.

endusergeek
08-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I would suspect the battery pack on the NVRam is shot. The code can appear every hour and yes S07139 will clear it (for an hour or so)I would download from K-M NVRam recovery tool and firmware it to the machine and see how you get on.Depending where your machine came from you could get a replacement from K-M tech support.I could supply a blank NVRAM if you are interested contact bizhub@mail.com for details.Thanks for the offer; I may take you up on it. I've got a replacement board coming. I'm going to install that and see if it solves the problem before I do anything else. I have the update tool and the firmware, but I don't want to take a chance on "bricking" the current board by updating it before I have a working spare. If the battery pack is shot, wouldn't I have to replace the battery before I installed the new firmware? Otherwise, won't I have the same problem only with new firmware?

Custom Search