PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451 Print Quality

Custom Search

Capodastra
08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi, I have purchased a refurbished Bizhub C451. It has a built on Fiery controller, but I have a problem and wonder if someone can help me.

The test page prints great, the text is sharp and the colour accurate but when I print from my Mac the text has a screen on it and is nothing like the test print.

I have tried printing simple black text but still the same problem.

I am printing from InDesign CS5, but also Acrobat 9. The print driver is: C650Series_macX_v430 which I downloaded on Friday last.

The engineer who installed the machine confessed that he could not get past the password for the Fiery as someone had changed it. Being a refurb he thinks the place it came out of had done this. He has left to try and solve the issue.

Can anyone tell me why the print quality is not as sharp as the test page and what I can do to get it to print as good as the test page?

I would be really grateful if you can help.

I live and work for myself in the UK.

Regards

Cappy

EarthKmTech
08-26-2012, 11:25 PM
the fiery will need to be reloaded if no one knows what the password has been changed to.

you're also using the incorrect driver.

you need to select IC-409 when chosing to download a driver. The file name should start with IC409_PS_....

the latest one on the website appears to be for osx 10.5 check the fiery's web interface itself as you can download a driver from it, im not sure what the version is thats on there.

I have the IC-409 on my machine working fine with OSX-10.8 mountain lion. I couldnt tell you what drivers im using though (till later)

Capodastra
08-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I have gone to the Konica Minolta site to download the driver for Mac OS 10.5.8 and this was the only only could find: ic409v101 pt1vry88.zip (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=13132&productid=946)

Would this be the one?

Sorry if I sound vague, I am fine with imagesetters, but this is new territory for me.

Cappy

Mr Spock
08-27-2012, 12:22 AM
to find the password (without reloading fiery o/s) try the following.

Google search for "password.ps" then send that to the direct queue of the fiery it should print it out. If it prints a hash number then Google hash to ascii converter and you should be able to translate it to a password.

You need to print a config page from the fiery. This will tell which version of software is on it then you can get the correct driver. Also as a previous poster stated, open your internet browser and type in the ip of the fiery. Look for the download tab and it should have the driver for you. The driver you posted is for version 1.01 of the o/s. You may need to update to version 2.0 to get the latest mac support.

Most of these used one of three passwords Fiery.1, password, and blank (nothing at all).

Capodastra
08-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Got the Fiery password ith password.ps. It was "Fiery.1" so I don't know what the engineer's problem was . .

The TCP/IP Settings are:

TCP/IP Enable
IP Address 172.17.249.2
Subnet mask 255.255.255.248
Default Gateway 172.17.249.1
Raw Port 0 = 9100
Raw Port 1 = 9112
Raw Port 2 = 9113
Raw Port 3 = 9114
Raw Port 4 = 9115
Raw Port 5 = 9116

I have put the IP Address into Safari and it will not find it. I also pinged the IP number and no avail . . .

What am I doing wrong?

EarthKmTech
08-27-2012, 10:24 AM
to find the password (without reloading fiery o/s) try the following.

Google search for "password.ps" then send that to the direct queue of the fiery it should print it out. If it prints a hash number then Google hash to ascii converter and you should be able to translate it to a password.

wow, that's really cool.

I've never heard of this procedure before.

JustManuals
08-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Fiery Password Retrieval Tool.zip:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYMWZKYUlZY1FUWThUQw

dallas
08-27-2012, 07:39 PM
IP Address 172.17.249.2
Subnet mask 255.255.255.248
Default Gateway 172.17.249.1

That's the wrong (172.17.249.2) IP address.
This uses the fiery for internal routing to the emperon controller, if the IP-Obtain option is active.
Print a configuration page from the Fiery menu (Utility -> Controller) on the machine display.
That is the correct IP from your local network.
Connect to this IP via Browser and download the IC-409 Driver.

Capodastra
08-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Have got into the Fiery menu on the machine, and printed out the configuration page.

I have tried to access the IP address given through Safari, but it will not respond to the IP address, so I cannot download the correct driver.

Configuration setting of the Fiery X3eTY-EDFE Version 1.01 in the Network Setup is:
IP address: 10.1.199.40
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

DNS Setup:
Enable DNS: Yes
Get DNS address automatically: No
Primary DNS server IP address: 192.168.10.24 (manual)
Secondary DNS server IP address: 192.168.10.13 (manual)
Domain name: countrywide.co.uk ...which is not me . . .

I did print a PS Sample Page from the Fiery menu and the type is still 'screened' not like the sample page that prints crisp form the printer engine - this is the issue I am trying to resolve . . .

Any help on that score would be amazing . .

C

Capodastra
08-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks Manuals4you. I did print that and the password was "Fiery.1" which I got in to, but the machine supplier should have given me a greyscale calibration strip so I cannot calibrate it until that comes.

Thanks so much for your help guys, I am humbled by the response.

If I could sort the Postscript print issue with the 'screened' text which is different from the test page from the printers engine I would be made up.

C

Capodastra
08-29-2012, 01:27 PM
The black imaging unit has arrived and I have replaced it . . with it is a filter and I do not know where it goes . . can anyone help please?

C

Mr Spock
08-30-2012, 12:40 AM
it is either one of two filters.
it goes between bypass tray and network ports or on back of machine on the side closest to the finisher.

As to the screen if the iu does not fix it then check connection between fiery and main body. if these are loose then it will cause c/q issues.

Capodastra
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks so much for your help. Found the place for the filter. BD)

Further issues I would really appreciate help with:

a) When I print through Indesign from Tray one using paper size 311 x 450 the paper does not feed squarely so the image printed runs up from left to right - this makes duplexing sooo frustrating. As the tray size is longer that 450 (because it is American sizes) I have packed the back of the tray with a spacer of about 5mm and have compensated in InDesign and finally got it centred on the sheet but the image still runs. (I have had to compensate again for this by rotating the images in both pages through InDesign). My question is: how do I get it to feed squarely to hopefully avoid this issue?

b) The machine specs say I can run up to 300gsm from the bypass tray. I am trying to run 280gsm and it keeps jamming. I have cleaned the two rollers that pull the paper in to the machine with a rag and a tiny amount of WD40 but still no succes.

c) - Which may be related to b): The registration from one end of a sheet when running the 280gsm (when it goes) is really bad. I have tried the registration process but the image shows each end in register on the lines but the centre is out - what is that all about? The engineer who came was not really sure what he was doing and I am awaiting another 'more experienced' to pay me a visit, but in the meantime I have clients to service. So any advice would be helpful.

Thanks again for this amazingly helpful board.

C

Mr Spock
09-08-2012, 02:08 AM
front and rear guides should be able to slide into the correct size of paper. You may need to "tell" the machine the custom size but the guides should touch paper.

check the registration rollers. I had one that was not square and let one side skew causing the image to look bad.

From my service manual

Image is not guaranteed when thick paper 3/4 is used

Automatic duplex unit : Only the plain paper weighing 64 to 90 g/m2 (17 to 24 lb) or
thick paper weighing 91 to 256 g/m2 (24.25 to 68 lb) are reliably fed.

it also suggest custom size paper be fed from the bypass tray.

Capodastra
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks Mr Spock. Registration rollers and new rollers to pull card into machine have been ordered by engineer. http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png

Since he has been and updated firmware and re-calibrated the colour looks great and overall quality is fab for what I need. I can print through fiery or direct to machine now.

Printed a job this morning 375 sheets 120gsm - quality great, but image stretched on one side from top to bottom on left hand side by bout 1.5mm - would this be anything to do with the registration rollers?

I have to confess I get really frustrated with advertising media and especially a company's own brochures that make claims about their equipment that somewhere they deny by what they say in 'the service manual' which we do not get with the machine. Same annoying thing with software vendors.

For instance - why state that you can print onto 300gsm - but they do not guarantee it?

Frustrating! http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.png

Thanks again for your help.

C

Capodastra
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Just as a sideline here, I am heading to Florida in mid-December to see my daughter - who we haven't seen for two years - who is in Orlando working with an organisation called YWAM (Youth with a Mission - or as we call it Youth Without Any Money!)

Hope the weather will be drier than we have had in the UK this summer.

C

Capodastra
10-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Can someone please explain to me how I correct the registration on the Bizhub C451.

The yellow is out and I need to try and get it into fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

C

Custom Search