PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Colorforce 8050

Custom Search

Motchedo
09-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Print quality on our Konica Colorforce 8050 has been degrading for the last month. Unfortunately, there are no service companies in a 100 mile radius to the South East Virginia area and Konica confirmed this when we called them. Today, we received an error code of SC29-07 which the service manual that I purchased says the cause is the Dmax control/Y resulted in an abnormality. Possible parts are the printer control board, Developing unit/Y or the Gamma sensor. Swapped out the Developer unit with a new one and performed an automatic charge with new developer and then performed the necessary adjustments required by the manual.

After turning it off and then back on, we then received an error code SC27-01 which states the cause is the Output of toner density sensor/Y (TDS Y) cannot be controlled. Possible parts are the Printer control board and the Toner density sensor/Y.

We are apparently having some sort of problem with the Y-Yellow toner portion of our copier but have no idea where to start working on it as we have changed out the yellow Developer Unit and the Drum cartridge with no luck. Nothing will print and we keep getting either the SC27-01 or the SC29-07 error codes upon turning it on.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

JustManuals
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Motchedo
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Not sure if your post was suppose to help me out or not but the only thing that I saw on your post was a link for a manual. Thanks but no thanks as I currently have the owners manual, parts manual and the service manual. Just looking for someone with experience as it is getting expensive replacing the parts that are called out in the service manual.

Thanks

Coptech
09-02-2012, 04:17 AM
You can blow up the potential sensors with canned air or a vacuumn cleaner but I doubt that it failed mid operation. In my experience, Konica's electronics were pretty solid with failures usually being ICP fuses opening. If you pull the yellow developement unit, does it have developer in it? If you run it with the charge corona not set, the developer will go straight to the waste toner bottle. That could explain your sensor failure. Beyond that, I would probably look at dev unit drive.

Dougtech
09-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Are you experienced at servicing these machines?
I ask because in my experience 90% of those errors are due to worn out drum. Occassionally maybe needs new developer powder or potential sensor. I also never vaccuum around sensors and such as I have had the vaccuum take out sensors before.

Did you run all of the calibration procedures and did they finish successfully after installing the new drum and DV unit?
Failing to run these calibrations can give you this error as well.
This list is on page 34 of my service manual PDF. Make sure you follow the list in order and the instructions for each item.
You can also try swapping the drum potential sensor from another color to yellow and see if the error changes to the other color (i.e. swap yellow and cyan sensors, if error changes to cyan then sensor is bad)

Hope that helps as this is a very complicated machine to be trying to service yourself.

Coptech
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I worked on 1 machine in a print shop. It ran to just short of 10M prints. The machine went to the scrap yard maybe 6 months ago. I always did PMs pretty much on schedule and drums and dev got changed every 100K. Dev units were supposed to go 600K but they would usually make a little longer than that. I can't say that I ever saw what would happen when a drum wore out as I never let them run to the end.

Mr Spock
09-02-2012, 09:29 PM
there is a code in the manual that will add toner to the developer unit. when this code reaches a certain level (30 I think) then you stop adding and run the max density setup and usually this will fix the issue. If it returns then toner sensor and dev unit are suspect. Try swapping sensor and see if it moves. If so then the sensor is bad. If not then drum, charge, bias issue.

Custom Search