PDA

View Full Version : C252 gradation scan error

Custom Search

Darren King
09-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I installed a new black IU and initialized and stablized. When I went to do gradation and scan the test pattern it is displaying "test pattern scanning error". This is not the first time I have run gradation on this machine with this exact procedure and have not had a problem prior to this. I checked the CCD gain and clamp numbers and they are in spec. The exposure lamp is lighting and it will copy with no code. I reseated connectors on image control board.
Has anyone experienced this problem? Any help is appreciated.
Darren
PS
I have the manual

blackcat4866
09-01-2012, 02:38 AM
I just came across this the other day on a bizhub C253. It gave me the same scanning error. I also noticed that the copies were parallelagrammed across the long side of letter paper (main scan direction).

The scanner assembly was bent down at the left front corner. The tape measure confirmed it.

The fix? Have you ever done the Ricoh bear hug? Back in 1998 Ricoh put out a bunch of models in which the scanner was easily bent just by leaning on that left front corner. Grab the front left corner of the scanner and lift as though your trying to lift the whole copier. Then make a copy to see if the image is square along the leading edge. Repeat as necessary. Once squared up, the gradation ran just fine. =^..^=

Kidaver
09-01-2012, 03:35 AM
Blackcat it amazes me on some of the intriguing fixes you know lol. I have been in the shop with my fellow tech and we'll be brainstorming a problem or something and I'll usually say check Blackcat's spreadsheet or see if he's posted something on it.

blackcat4866
09-01-2012, 03:38 AM
... and my wife complains that I can't remember to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home. It's 'cause my mind is filled with two decades of useless crap. =^..^=

Kidaver
09-01-2012, 03:41 AM
My girlfriend has asked me why I don't seem to get angry or frustrated when I come home and go on about some machine that is giving me a problem but I'll come home and bitch hardcore about someone who was too lazy to clean their slit glass

Darren King
09-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Don't get me started on dirty slit glass, or that stuff on the platen that you don't even want to ask what it is.

Darren King
09-01-2012, 03:48 AM
I just came across this the other day on a bizhub C253. It gave me the same scanning error. I also noticed that the copies were parallelagrammed across the long side of letter paper (main scan direction).

The scanner assembly was bent down at the left front corner. The tape measure confirmed it.

The fix? Have you ever done the Ricoh bear hug? Back in 1998 Ricoh put out a bunch of models in which the scanner was easily bent just by leaning on that left front corner. Grab the front left corner of the scanner and lift as though your trying to lift the whole copier. Then make a copy to see if the image is square along the leading edge. Repeat as necessary. Once squared up, the gradation ran just fine. =^..^=

I have done the chiropractic adjustments on a bunch of minolta copiers. I will give it a try. Thanks blackcat.

aferquez
09-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Wow! the last friday I was the same problem;It took me all the day and I could not fixed. I will do this solution the moonday for sure. Thanks Blackcat

blackcat4866
09-02-2012, 03:51 AM
I wish you success. =^..^=

Custom Search