PDA

View Full Version : C300 makes a black square in center when making copies

Custom Search

adecanmin
09-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Gentlemen.
I went to customers office. MFB was bad, no network connection. I replaced board from a used machine with the NVRAM from used machine. Customers machine is working. I took the bad board with the NVRAM to do some troubleshooting. I figured I would have to sacrifice machine since I would not replace the board. As luck would have it I came across a board without the NVRAM pack on it. I put the NVRAM in and I get a black square in the center of the page when I make a copy. It prints fine, scans fine, copies with square. To verify it is NVRAM I briefly put it in an another C300 and it copied the black square. I removed the battery before I came across that board. So I definitely corrupted the NVRAM. When I booted up the machine it was in Japanese. I performed the clear, stop, 07139 * to restore the data. I still got the black square. I did use the NVRAM recovery tool same result. I went through the set up procedure, no luck. Upgraded firmware, no good. Maybe there is something simple I've overlooked.

Adrien

JR2ALTA
09-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Is this similar to your black square?

adecanmin
09-05-2012, 04:59 AM
I think I missed something in the set up. I'll go through the set up again.

Adrien

brent
09-05-2012, 05:47 AM
kind of confused me with changing all the nav ram but typically if a black square is reproduced. there was a step missing in the installation. go back and perform installation procedures again... it should take care of it

brent

adecanmin
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I did make it a little confusing with all the NVRAM talk. This is the first time I've had to mess with it. I did learn a bunch however.

Adrien

Custom Search