PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta di 550 question

Custom Search

brent
09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
almost blank copies. the toner bottle is not spinning. no codes. this caused the customer to buy a new machine. this urged them. since they didn't want to fix it. but anyways I replaced toner motor. nothing. so I am down to a pwb a. anyone had this exact thing happen? I can force feed the unit. and pour toner. but that gets old. just wondering if anyone else had this happen on this model. I have had it before. but it has always been the toner add motor. never had to look into it any further. thanks
brent

Flash
09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Pull the drum unit out and open the sub hopper. It is probably empty but thinks it has toner in it so it does not request toner from the toner bottle. I believe there is a magnetic reed switch in there that detects the toner level. I think the magnet might be caught up on something and not actuating the reed switch. Also go into tech mode and then press Stop, Start to get into the adjust mode and select printer and then ATDC level. It should be around 5V. If it is at 0 change it to 5 and run toner replenishment a couple of times.

brent
09-12-2012, 10:45 PM
thanks flash. I will try.
brent

Hansoon
09-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Brent, if copies improve after force feeding toner into the developer chamber it must be something as Flash suggested, magnet not reaching reed switch or reed switch not functional, perhaps its harness or connector. You already replaced the sub hopper toner add motor M14, is it turning too?

Hans

brent
09-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I just was trying to get it printing better. I sold them a new machine and it should be here in a couple days. I am going to take another complete dv unit out there to get them by. but I hate to do that sometimes. because it goofs up the atdc levels. unless I do a developer change.

thanks guys
brent

Custom Search