PDA

View Full Version : Error Code bizhub C250 Codes with C5102

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
09-18-2012, 08:25 PM
We have a Konica Minolta bizhub C250 coding out with a C5102 - Main Motor Failure to Turn.

We have replaced:

1) Main Motor (M1)
2) PWB-M (3x's) (keeping the original EEPROM)
3) Power Supply (PU1)
4) Even tried Color Developing Motor for giggles

Still it codes with C5102.

Help?

EarthKmTech
09-18-2012, 09:01 PM
stupid question, but did you open and close the front door ?

MFPs R Now PCs
09-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Oh yes, opened and closed front door many, many times.

CopyLady72
09-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Have you tried a full trouble reset?
Sometimes that will reset the code when the other ways do not.

1. Turn OFF the Main Power Switch.
2. Turn Main Power Switch ON while pressing the Utility/Counter key.
3. Touch [Trouble Reset].
4. Check to make sure that [OK] is displayed
5. After turning off the Main Power Switch, wait 20 seconds and turn main power switch back on

MFPs R Now PCs
09-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh yes, performed trouble reset many, many times.

JustManuals
09-18-2012, 10:13 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

MFPs R Now PCs
09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
FYI, we have checked all supplies for binding:

All Toners
All I/U's
Transfer Belt
Registration Roller
Transfer Roller

We even had all supplies installed and turned the main motor by hand and there is no resistance, just turns and turns.

Here's the kicker:

If you turn the main motor by hand (all covers off) when you open/close the front door or during a boot-up, it will run from 2 copies to 60 copies, it varies but eventually goes back down or after a reboot it just codes out immediately. Do the hand turning trick again it’s running 2-60 copies.

EarthKmTech
09-18-2012, 10:36 PM
if you have confirmed the new motor works perfectly in the colour development position aswell as the main drive position and have even swapped the known good colour development motor into the main drive position and can manually start it spinning, given what youve already done you have 3 possibilities i can think of.

1) excessive load on the main motor
2) f*ked wiring harness
3) insufficient current available to main motor, due to some other issue

EarthKmTech
09-18-2012, 10:39 PM
I have had 2x new main motors fail within a week when the machine shares the same power outlet with a large inductive load, IE an enormous AC motor driven paper shredder. There are transient voltage spikes associated with AC induction motors shutting down, and no doubt this piece of crap unit had no protection for other devices sharing its circuit. Once I got it moved it never happened again. Another customer blew 3 x mfp boards in the space on a month for the same issue until the shredder was moved.

Ensure the machine is running on clean power.

Custom Search