PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 652 Tray 1 Jamming

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
09-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Have got a 652 at the moment with an "interesting" issue.

Tray 1 will feed anywhere upto 150 sheets long edge feed A4 before coming up with a late to registration jam. All sheets will eject from the machine and the Late sheet will stay at the registration rollers or just before it.

It will not stop on A4 short edge feed and all other trays are fine.

The machine has had a failed black developing unit in the past and there's a very fine sprinkling of developer throughout the machine and some of which was ontop of the tray 1 feed unit.

I'm wondering if some has gotten into the tray 1 take-up clutch.

I'm going to go back with clutches, the upper vertical transport motor and the paper feed driver board just incase. I just want to know if anyone has had this issue before, because I certainly haven't.. ....

habik
09-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Have got a 652 at the moment with an "interesting" issue.

Tray 1 will feed anywhere upto 150 sheets long edge feed A4 before coming up with a late to registration jam. All sheets will eject from the machine and the Late sheet will stay at the registration rollers or just before it.

It will not stop on A4 short edge feed and all other trays are fine.

The machine has had a failed black developing unit in the past and there's a very fine sprinkling of developer throughout the machine and some of which was ontop of the tray 1 feed unit.

I'm wondering if some has gotten into the tray 1 take-up clutch.

I'm going to go back with clutches, the upper vertical transport motor and the paper feed driver board just incase. I just want to know if anyone has had this issue before, because I certainly haven't.. ....

9/10 it would be the clutches semi clipping when in 0 position(not feeding) I had it on c650 which dumped dev all over Tray1,2,4 and I had it even covering the black print head visor ;) Clutches were a mess and at later stage I had Tray 3 lift motor failure also due to the dumping of dev.. real mess. Good luck.

pepper38_cnd
09-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Try replacing A00J574400 its a small oneway gear on tray 1&2 only tends to cause intermittant jams.

EarthKmTech
09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Try replacing A00J574400 its a small oneway gear on tray 1&2 only tends to cause intermittant jams.

that's the first thing i tried. i carry em in my bag and change em religiously every 1 million. they make a huge difference in reliability.

this machine has done 300k.

habik
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
that's the first thing i tried. i carry em in my bag and change em religiously every 1 million. they make a huge difference in reliability.

this machine has done 300k.

Each time I change tyres the one ways are being put in a spray-bath with WD40 then after cleaned with a rag and then with ISO propyl alcohol..

Seeing you changing them every mil. I may join your religion.

EarthKmTech
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm talk'n bout the black 1 way gears on the trays 1 + 2 vertical transport rollers. An often forgotten about part that causes intermittent jamming issues in the paper path when they are tired. :cool:

I even change the white one on the tray 3+4 common vertical transport roller, which is probably overkill. But my million plus machines go consumable call to call with under 2 digits of jams total in months. I also keep the machines clean and all feed rollers are replaced under 100k.

Customer re-education is initially required in how to load paper properly, as you cant just chuck it in there and hope for the best with dog eared sheets and an uneven stack like their old canons could...

My best effort is a 3 million page majority colour c550 that ive completely rebuilt everything on the right hand side of the machine. Even the entire right side door had to be replaced as the plastic was so fatigued the spring seats for the trans/reg unit were all cracked and broken through. That machine still gets hammered everyday.

habik
09-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm talk'n bout the black 1 way gears on the trays 1 + 2 vertical transport rollers. An often forgotten about part that causes intermittent jamming issues in the paper path when they are tired. :cool:

I even change the white one on the tray 3+4 common vertical transport roller, which is probably overkill. But my million plus machines go consumable call to call with under 2 digits of jams total in months. I also keep the machines clean and all feed rollers are replaced under 100k.

Customer re-education is initially required in how to load paper properly, as you cant just chuck it in there and hope for the best with dog eared sheets and an uneven stack like their old canons could...

My best effort is a 3 million page majority colour c550 that ive completely rebuilt everything on the right hand side of the machine. Even the entire right side door had to be replaced as the plastic was so fatigued the spring seats for the trans/reg unit were all cracked and broken through. That machine still gets hammered everyday.

Now you mentioned the white rollers on vertical, something come to my mind.
I had c550 with a shaft with 4 white pulleys, and as a surprise the actual shaft has been worn out, you literally could see the ridges, yes Nylon lathed steel :) (top vertical roller just before registration roller). They 4 NEW white nylon pulleys were turning but intermittently.
Now the logic is, that the feed tyre on tray 1 will pick-up and push the A4, but there is not enough "grab and push further as per the white pulleys slowing down the paper". The vertical conveyance rollers are synchronised compare to tray 1, where the vertical pulls it out from tray 1 as soon as it passes through PS4, the clutch CL1 is OFF and therefore TOP vertical shaft pulling paper has 264ms (C550) or more of a gap coverd by the OHP sensor to reach registration. If there is a delay "slip of paper under vertical top roller" I doubt that the CL1 is engaged again to help feed further as there is another paper already picked and ready to be pushed out from tray 1 stopped by PS4. So, MFPCB thinks that paper is according to movement of vertical motor there, but the registration is not seeing it that way even when the paper crossed the registration entry sensor.

If I missed something ..sorry :)

Have you managed to get it working in meantime?

EarthKmTech
09-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Havent been back there yet, will probably get there today :cool:

EarthKmTech
09-25-2012, 06:15 AM
It was the tray 1 takeup clutch.

as soon as it was changed the machine even sounded different, without the odd sounds associated with transport motors changing speeds.

ran as smooth as silk.

suspect a few grains of dev made it into the clutch and prevented it from releasing instantly, upsetting the paper timing. If it was late to grab it would of been a different jam code, indicating a take-up jam..

blackcat4866
09-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

BDT Tech
08-26-2013, 06:09 PM
When you say it was the "takeup clutch" are you referring to the CL1 (conveyance drive clutch) in the tray 1 paper feed assembly? Also were you getting the 11-02 jam code? Thanks.

EarthKmTech
08-26-2013, 11:40 PM
wow, now your testing my memory.

It was caused by dev spill as it was everywhere - I cleaned this up prior to the repair.

The problem was isolated to the tray 1 feed unit, and nothing else, I don't remember what was done - may of actually just changed the entire feed unit for new. The machines never had the problem again since I know that much.

Jam code, dont remember.

wseyller
08-27-2013, 01:12 AM
I couldn't remember a call that long ago. I can't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BDT Tech
08-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Sorry for trying to pick ancient history from your brain.

Custom Search