PDA

View Full Version : C203 - No jobs in queue - Blue data flashing as if receiving job.

Custom Search

habik
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
I have a C203 where the data light is flashing in blue, however no jobs are going in or out. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot or occasionally trouble reset.

Has anyone came across with such a issue?

Many Thanks.

I am suspecting Memory or Firmware, however the firmware was updated not a long time ago. Maybe need re-flashing.

EarthKmTech
09-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I have a C203 where the data light is flashing in blue, however no jobs are going in or out. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot or occasionally trouble reset.

Has anyone came across with such a issue?

Many Thanks.

I am suspecting Memory or Firmware, however the firmware was updated not a long time ago. Maybe need re-flashing.

Is it doing the same via a direct connection to a laptop? That's the first thing that needs to be tested before proceeding any further.

If not, it aint your problem.

habik
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Is it doing the same via a direct connection to a laptop? That's the first thing that needs to be tested before proceeding any further.

If not, it aint your problem.

The problem is that it is not happening all the time.
:(

Avskrap
09-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I've had the same thing happen, although it was a C450. Turned out to be a computer in the network trying to re-send a corrupt document a couple of times a week. Check the customers network before you start troubleshooting the machine.

EarthKmTech
09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
gotta love those "it doesnt happen all the time" faults.

I've seen those symptoms before when some genius in the office tries to print a word document with 50+ unedited digital photos straight off their DSLR that when spooled came out to something like 25GB.

Assume end users are morons and you'll be right almost all of the time. A certain level of cynicism is required in this job as end users are always very quick to blame the copier for their own stupidity. I been doing this shit for too long and have heard every excuse under the sun.

Avskrap
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
gotta love those "it doesnt happen all the time" faults.

I've seen those symptoms before when some genius in the office tries to print a word document with 50+ unedited digital photos straight off their DSLR that when spooled came out to something like 25GB.

Assume end users are morons and you'll be right almost all of the time. A certain level of cynicism is required in this job as end users are always very quick to blame the copier for their own stupidity. I been doing this shit for too long and have heard every excuse under the sun.

I once had a customer, a realtor, trying to print photos from three different apartments. Around 150 photos per apartment, RAW-format. 143gb worth of data that the poor machine desperatly tried to swallow...

habik
09-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I have asked him before I posted this if there are any print queues or any docs not re-run..he said no. :) Now I think he will need to investigate a bit deeper...

Thanks for the guns guys, I think this could be it. They are designing all sorts of woodwork so I think it might be just DATA overload.. I will mention this to them.

Many Thanks. Hope that is the reason and it seems like it is.

Cheers.

emujo
09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Flashing light usually means corrupted data..if you have a fax installed, try initilizing the fax 1st..If no fax, you will probably need to perform a data clear..Be sure to backup all (TCP/IP info, one touches, user box info) 1st as the data clear will delete this info...Emujo

MFPTech
09-24-2012, 03:26 PM
A Data capture will help ...

AyJayAreDii
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
have you updated the firmware and set the software switches to disable the end of life messages. If you have and not changed "iu life stop" to "non-stop" then you will get this bug! I have had this twice on the konicas where the firmware upgraded and life stop was not set when the software switches was changed. however, this was a constant fault, not a "not does it all the time"

habik
09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
have you updated the firmware and set the software switches to disable the end of life messages. If you have and not changed "iu life stop" to "non-stop" then you will get this bug! I have had this twice on the konicas where the firmware upgraded and life stop was not set when the software switches was changed. however, this was a constant fault, not a "not does it all the time"

HMMmmmmm

Now that might actually be quite possible. I did not check that out. OK
Many Thanks!! Appreciate it!

tech51
09-27-2012, 07:31 PM
I have had a similar problem. In my case there was no job showing on the server queue but the data light on the mfd was flashing constantly whenever the netwotk cable was plugged in. In the end I got their IT dept to stop and re-start the print spooler service and the fault magically went away. I can only think it was a corrupt print job that started it but it has never come back since.
Just another thought, make sure the ip address for the mfd isnt duplicated anywhere else on their system. That can cause similar issues...

blackcat4866
09-27-2012, 10:50 PM
I had a C652 that had the flashing the blue light all the time. About a week later it started dropping off the network. I attempted a HDD re-format and it failed. HDD fixed it, after re-entering many SMB addressbook entries, network data, movie data, encryption key, etc. What a headache! =^..^=

habik
09-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I think I figured it out. It is going towards a memory failure. I had one C203 in office and I was sure that one memory module failed. I took another one from c253 and it worked straight away. Then I found in old parts a little box with 1x 512 MB memory module with sign saying memory module going bad. I slapped it in the m/c and it worked right away..yay problem solved....Yes for short term only. It booted nicely, it copied simplex OK ..GREAT machine is back on track.. tried 2-sided staple A4 to A4R x 20 and it came with c-cf2b ..hmmm what the heck, then I rebooted the m/c. Started the same session again and it went bad again. OK .. Tried Data Clear, tried hdd format, reflashed FW, ...all went the same way. Then I tried just printing Windows test page and Blue Light started flashing...no Queue, no job assignment.. nothing, It sit there with blue lights, just hanging like drunk copper on empty car park.

Memory modules coming today. Swapping them as pair. Used Crucial.com and they did not work, so waiting for the ones from Memoryexperts.. which always worked even a bit dearer.

Custom Search