PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C360 Won't Feed Letter 80lb Cover - 216 g/m2

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
We have a bizhub C360 in the field that will not feed the following paper at all from any tray:

Letter Size (216 x 279 mm)
80lb Cover - 216 g/m2
Long Grain, Smooth
Accent Opaque Digital

Trays & Setting Tried:

All Tires in all Locations are Semi-New (look great/lots of tread)

Thick 2 (for giggles), Thick 3 in all trays and even Thick 4 via bypass tray

Tray 1, Tray 2 and Bypass Tray

Running Paper Long Edge First (Portrait Direction) and Short Edge First (Landscape Direction) in all Trays 1,2 & Bypass

Still, it jams right in all of the trays, doesn't make it to registration roller and this paper is "within specs" per my Sales Guy, help anyone?

blackcat4866
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I had some letterhead like this and a Copystar CS-250ci.

Here are their statements as I got them:
"It jams every 3 or 4 pages." It's actually more like every 10 pages, but still that's not great.
"It jams from every tray." No, it works from the bypass.
"It's the same paper we've been using for years." No, actually this batch is a smoother/glossier than previous samples.
"And it won't feed in any of our machines." Oops! You could have started with that one.

The last one was the clincher. I covered my bases by replacing rollers and clutches, but in the end 20# bond always fed flawlessly, and the letterhead always jammed every ten (excepting from the bypass). Apparently the printer changed their paper source. I learned a long time ago that I can't guarantee that any paper that fits within machine specs must feed. There are just too many variables for me to make a guarantee like that. The only constructive suggestion I had was to have the printer provide ~100 pages of a couple different types of letterhead, then try running each to see which fed best.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for ... but I think it's where you're going to end up. =^..^=

Custom Search