PDA

View Full Version : Ir 6000 touch screen unreadable

Custom Search

ybnews
10-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Greetings.
My Canon IR 6000 touch screen stopped working. It light up but did not respond to my touch. So I took it apart to inspect. Many of the mounting screws inside were broken and the pc boards were just floating around loosely. I disconnected and re-connected the two ribbon wires from the LCD screen and unplugged and re-plugged some of the connectors including the one to the round dial that controlls the lightness/darkness of the display screen. Then I remounted and aligned the loose pc boards as best as I could and reassembled the unit. Now the LCD screen works and responds to my touch but I can barely read the screen. It displays lots of of short, light and dark verticle lines across the entire screen and the images are only partially visible. The light/dark controll works fine but display image its self is too light. I'm wondering if somethings too tight or a pinched wire or ribbon? Those ribbon wires are quite delicate so I hate to disturb them too much.
Any clue as to what's going on here or what to try?
Thank you,
Dana Lewis

spectraindo
10-06-2012, 04:05 PM
You have to inspect the wider ribbon cable which runs to the LCD, it's either loose connection or damaged conductors.
The operation panel replacement part no. is FB5-3700, it is common for the old IR6000 that this part breaks apart.

songela
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Greetings.
My Canon IR 6000 touch screen stopped working. It light up but did not respond to my touch. So I took it apart to inspect. Many of the mounting screws inside were broken and the pc boards were just floating around loosely. I disconnected and re-connected the two ribbon wires from the LCD screen and unplugged and re-plugged some of the connectors including the one to the round dial that controlls the lightness/darkness of the display screen. Then I remounted and aligned the loose pc boards as best as I could and reassembled the unit. Now the LCD screen works and responds to my touch but I can barely read the screen. It displays lots of of short, light and dark verticle lines across the entire screen and the images are only partially visible. The light/dark controll works fine but display image its self is too light. I'm wondering if somethings too tight or a pinched wire or ribbon? Those ribbon wires are quite delicate so I hate to disturb them too much.
Any clue as to what's going on here or what to try?
Thank you,
Dana Lewis

Even if you eventually succeed, that big toil of carefully putting together the falling parts won't be be rewarded for long enough, for more soon or later you'll find that replacement is unavoidable. As well I can't guess what series of instruction you'll have ti give to the operator on the handling side.

Canon.Tech
10-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I have a new complete control panel if you need it left me know, I could post it to you.

ybnews
10-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Could you email me on this?
ybnews@verizon.net
Thank you,
Dana Lewis

mramlawi
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
you can use panel for ir3300 if you dont have for ir6000/5000 same connecter and it will work normally

ybnews
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Turns out it's probably the wide ribbon connector that is the problem. Three of the 8 wires have unattached at the plug connection. I bunged it up pretty badly in my attempt to repair it.
Has anyone out there ever successfully repaired a flat ribbon wire?
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for delivery a control panel from a canon C3220 on ebay for only $39 hoping I can caniblize the touch screen portion out of that and plug & play into the IR 6000. Fingers crossed. If that fails, I might take you up on the offer to buy a new control panel from canon.tech. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks,
Dana
U.S.A. Massachusetts

spectraindo
10-10-2012, 01:39 PM
You are wasting your money. the IRC3220 control panel does not fit on the IR6000.
Do you work without Service Manuals and Part catalogs ?

Custom Search