PDA

View Full Version : iR 7055 firmware and image quality

Custom Search

nogood boyo
10-10-2012, 05:22 PM
So...

how do i update firmware on a 7055?

I understand that it can be done on a USB and is pretty straight forward? still, i have never upgraded firmware before and am a little nervous about it.

also, i have another 7055 that has magenta lines running from lead edge to trail edge (see attached image)... dev unit? Dirty transfer roller?
It doesn't manifest when printing B&W.

teckat
10-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Ways to load/or update System Software - IRADV

Content Delivery System: (CDS)
CDS is a service infrastructure where the system software is pushed to the imageRUNNER ADVANCE
C9075 PRO/ C9065 PRO/ C7065/ C7055 by ways of the internet.

Service Support Tool:
To manually upgrade the System Software other than the use of CDS, the “Assist Mode” button and
“Single” mode, are the only way to perform a full upgrade with the use of the Service Support Tool
v4.33Ez.

USB Flash Drive:
Flashing the System Software by use of a USB Flash Drive is supported.

U need the the specific USB firmware -----
USB System Software-When extracting the USB file, it will automatically be placed in the following directory: C:\Canon File Folder\SST System Software Folder\USB Files.

The File can be moved directly to the USB Flash Drive using standard Windows functions. No other preparation is required.>
Open the folder to show the Series folder>Copy the series folder & HD-Format files to the USB stick and the USB stick is ready for flashing the specific series model.
Turn on the copier by holding the 2 & 8 keys to place the specific series model to Service
Mode.
When Download Mode is displayed on the control panel LCD display, insert the USB stick into the USB slot of the series model.
When the menu is displayed, follow the instructions indicated.

REMINDER>> U CAN NOT FORMAT A NEW HDD WITH USB PROCEDURE

Multiple System Software versions can be placed on a USA Flash Drive. (Note that this depends on the
USB memory size and the size of the specific System Software.)

teckat
10-10-2012, 06:11 PM
also, i have another 7055 that has magenta lines running from lead edge to trail edge (see attached image)... dev unit? Dirty transfer roller?
It doesn't manifest when printing B&W.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/canon/17554d1349886058t-ir-7055-firmware-image-quality-magenta-line.jpg (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/canon/17554d1349886058-ir-7055-firmware-image-quality-magenta-line.jpg)

Do a process of elimination
:eek:magenta developing unit, Drum unit and or Toner cartridge

Herrmann
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Looks like a failing drum. Enter Service-Mode and look into the counters, if the drum units (except BK, which is 500000) are near or over 150000, replace them.

nogood boyo
10-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Looks like a failing drum. Enter Service-Mode and look into the counters, if the drum units (except BK, which is 500000) are near or over 150000, replace them.

i thought the same thing but this machine is pretty new... the entire machine doesn't even have 80 000 prints yet.

zoraldinho
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
What a surprise! Magenta developer.Read PDF..

nogood boyo
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM

toner cartridge?

Herrmann
10-10-2012, 08:19 PM
just interchange magenta against cyan drum unit, and see if the error migrates to cyan; if yes--> drum unit, if no---> dev unit or else

vigour
10-11-2012, 03:34 AM
I am finding drum lines showing up early when halftones are printed as in your sample.
It will not show up if you run solids.

IF the dev has a problem you can see it on the roller.
There is usually a white chunk of hardened toner at the S blade.
You can take the top off ( 2 screws)
take the blade off (2 screws)
and scoop out any white chunks you find.

nogood boyo
10-19-2012, 10:56 PM
The File can be moved directly to the USB Flash Drive using standard Windows functions. No other preparation is required.>
Open the folder to show the Series folder>Copy the series folder & HD-Format files to the USB stick and the USB stick is ready for flashing the specific series model.
Turn on the copier by holding the 2 & 8 keys to place the specific series model to Service
Mode.

When Download Mode is displayed on the control panel LCD display, insert the USB stick into the USB slot of the series model.
When the menu is displayed, follow the instructions indicated.

I don't have to move the firmware files to the USB via SST?

I was told from a service tech to power down the machine, plug in the USB, and restart the machine while holding down the 2 and 8 keys... if i don't do this is there a menu option that prompts me to insert the USB? Do both methods work?

nogood boyo
10-19-2012, 11:57 PM

Sometimes its the simple things... just ended up being the magenta charge roller.

teckat
10-20-2012, 05:10 AM
Sometimes its the simple things... just ended up being the magenta charge roller.

17836simple is good:)

note on USB>>>U need the the specific USB firmware -----
USB System Software-When extracting the USB file,
it will automatically be placed in the following directory: C:\Canon File Folder\SST System Software Folder\USB Files.

u then drag models USB Firmware folder into USB stick

Custom Search