PDA

View Full Version : Error Code E000840-001 on IR 5070

Custom Search

delosangeles
10-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello everyone

We have a new client with a IR5070 displaying Error Code E000840-001 We mostly work on the Ricoh line of machines so we are not familiar with this machine. I first inspected the machine and was told the previous service Tech replaced the Upper Fuser Roller so I inspected the Fuser and found that a step motor which controls the position of a shutter that is within the Fuser heating element so I have ordered that motor and have now replaced it but the error code has not cleared. Is there a Service Program that needs to be initiated to clear this error code?

Thank you all kindly for any help on this issue :)

teckat
10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone

We have a new client with a IR5070 displaying Error Code E000840-001 We mostly work on the Ricoh line of machines so we are not familiar with this machine. I first inspected the machine and was told the previous service Tech replaced the Upper Fuser Roller so I inspected the Fuser and found that a step motor which controls the position of a shutter that is within the Fuser heating element so I have ordered that motor and have now replaced it but the error code has not cleared. Is there a Service Program that needs to be initiated to clear this error code?

Thank you all kindly for any help on this issue :)

Because of the structure of the fixing upper unit, it is possible that the metal plate, to which the shutter HP sensor (PS53) is attached, is pushed upward by the hand and deformed when the unit is removed from the machine. If this plate is deformed, E840-0001 will be displayed.
Therefore, be sure not to deform it when removing the fixing upper unit. The part number for the bracket is FC6-3839-000.

or see below:cool:

The E840 code relates to a fixing unit shutter position error condition. The error code can be generated because the shutter motor is not moving the shutter to the sensor detect position or because the shutter position sensor is not detecting the proper movement of the shutter. In this case, the shutter motor had failed because the shutter did not move.
The shutter movement was inhibited by a bent Rear Shutter Gear Stopper (Part number FC6-3528-000).

The pictures below show the improper position of the stopper. BENT DOWN

Next pictures below show the proper position of the stopper. STRAIGHT ACROSS

The stopper is located on the rear of the Fixing Assembly pictured below.

Rachid.Akli
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi to all of you,

This error cannot be cleared using service mode. When mounting the heating system and the stepper motor assembly, verify manually that the motor gear is turning easily and the Shutter / HP sensor (PS53) are well mounted.

Rachid.

delosangeles
10-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Thank you very much. That info is very helpful. Have a great day

Because of the structure of the fixing upper unit, it is possible that the metal plate, to which the shutter HP sensor (PS53) is attached, is pushed upward by the hand and deformed when the unit is removed from the machine. If this plate is deformed, E840-0001 will be displayed.
Therefore, be sure not to deform it when removing the fixing upper unit. The part number for the bracket is FC6-3839-000.

or see below:cool:

The E840 code relates to a fixing unit shutter position error condition. The error code can be generated because the shutter motor is not moving the shutter to the sensor detect position or because the shutter position sensor is not detecting the proper movement of the shutter. In this case, the shutter motor had failed because the shutter did not move.
The shutter movement was inhibited by a bent Rear Shutter Gear Stopper (Part number FC6-3528-000).

The pictures below show the improper position of the stopper. BENT DOWN

Next pictures below show the proper position of the stopper. STRAIGHT ACROSS

The stopper is located on the rear of the Fixing Assembly pictured below.

delosangeles
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Im very grateful for your input, that illustration is appreciated. Have a great week.

Hi to all of you,

This error cannot be cleared using service mode. When mounting the heating system and the stepper motor assembly, verify manually that the motor gear is turning easily and the Shutter / HP sensor (PS53) are well mounted.

Rachid.

vigour
10-11-2012, 04:16 AM
First check if the lower sensor is broken or disconnected (Newbie mistake)
It can be seen to the lowerright of the motor assembly
you can switch sensor with the web out in an emergency.

If all is well there, continue to the other solutions above

blackcat4866
03-27-2015, 12:25 AM
This thread has been really informative, but I have discovered another possible cause. The E000840-001 is just a consequence.

The cause is the lack of a lower exit pulley. I have no idea where it is or why, but it's gone. When the paper passes this area it snags on the white upper idler, making tears at 68mm and 94mm from the rear edge. The resulting jams are 0211, 020F, 1001, and 0210. Essentially every sensor from the heat roller to the punch. The short term solution was to remove the offending upper idler roller.

After several of these jams, my enduser inadvertently left a piece of paper behind the fuser drawer. When slamming it shut they forced the paper into the smaller fuser connector. The shutter motor does not seem to run without electrical connections.

=^..^=

roho
03-28-2015, 01:25 PM
I've had that too Blackcat, we had a unit that had been put out with a finisher, then it was redeployed without one. The pulley was used as part of the exit tray kit, which wasn't installed, just a tray thrown on. Numerous jams and fuser errors, and I had to go and check it out before the cust had it pulled. The original tech had replaced the delivery assembly before.

Canuck
03-30-2015, 11:05 PM
On this machine,the shutter drive assemblies must be pinned and sychronized before being re-assembled. Line the hole in the frame up with cutout in shutter drive gear and insert the pin that is mounted on the frame of the shutter drive assembly into the alignment hole....its in the manual. Sometimes the shutter gets bent when the ufr clip comes off.

Custom Search