PDA

View Full Version : Canon IR ADV C 2020 - Wireless Printing Issues, Wake Up Issues

Custom Search

pcernicky
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Customer is having problems to print over the wireless network from Apple Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8. It works and then the following day it comes with errors and no printing. Copier has a wireless module installed and they are not using wired connection to the copier. Copier is in sleep mode and wont wake up to start print. This issue is also when printing from Windows 7 PC desktop that's connected thru USB. It works all day but the following morning after copier is in sleep mode overnight it wont start printing. they have to restart copier to print.

Any ideas???

Thank you all.

zoraldinho
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Install latest firmware and disable energy save(high).

pcernicky
10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Install latest firmware and disable energy save(high).

I don't have access to the latest firmware. Could you please email me the firmware? Any special instructions for the update?

Thank you.

teckat
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't have access to the latest firmware. Could you please email me the firmware? Any special instructions for the update?

Thank you.

CDS (Content Delivery System) refers to the setting value for each sales company's HQ in the device.

If an imageRUNNER ADVANCE-series device has connection with the external network,a service technician can gain access to CDS via Service mode to download and update firmware. This allows service technicians to update the firmware as needed on the customer site even without PCs.

When using devices input in the markets listed below, the default setting of Sales Company’s
HQ should be changed before obtaining firmware distributed from CDS. Unless the setting is changed properly, the desired firmware may not be able to be selected.
Go to the following screen to change the setting of Sales Company's HQ.
Service Technician
Setting of Device Service Mode (Level 1)
COPIER > FUNCTION > INSTALL > CDS-CTL
NOTE:
The list below shows the setting of Sales Company’s HQ for CDS-CTS by market.
Check and adhere to the appropriate setting for your market.
<List of Sales Company’s HQ and the settings for CDS-CTL>
Japan = JP /China = CN
USA = US /Hong Kong = HK
Singapore = SG /Australia = AU
Europe = NL /Canada = CA
Korea = KR /Latin America= LA

3 methods for using the CDS to update Firmware

The technician is onsite, enters service mode on the copier, selects the updater and has the machine attach to the CDS where the firmware is brought to the machine and the technician may select a version to apply and manually install the firmware.

The Dealer uses imageWARE Remote to connect to the device and schedule a time where the device will connect to the CDS to obtain Firmware. The Firmware will reside on the device until such time as a service technician visits the device and manually applies the Firmware.

The Dealer uses imageWARE Remote to connect to the device and schedule a time where the device will connect with CDS, obtain the firmware and apply it automatically without any intervention of a technician.

teckat
10-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Thank you.

to add on >>>>try setting Sleep Mode to HIGH:confused:

pcernicky
10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
to add on >>>>try setting Sleep Mode to HIGH:confused:

Sleep mode is on HIGH already....

teckat
10-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Sleep mode is on HIGH already....

then turn it off/ and update firmware :o

sleep mode is a waste/ does not save energy/

printer functions better if left on 24 all day

zoraldinho
10-11-2012, 07:02 PM
then turn it off/ and update firmware :o

sleep mode is a waste/ does not save energy/

printer functions better if left on 24 all day

congratulations on 100 rep power.

KenB
10-11-2012, 07:05 PM
congratulations on 100 rep power.

X2!! :)

teckat
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM

vigour
10-11-2012, 11:46 PM
X3 !!!

KL568
10-12-2012, 12:46 PM
X 10! My all-time respected tech support Guru. Where do you find the time & energy to dig up Tech info / hints / part catalog !

teckat
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
X 10! My all-time respected tech support Guru. Where do you find the time & energy to dig up Tech info / hints / part catalog !

an old time tech advised me when i first started>>
> save as much info as u can> we now call it MOBILE STORAGE:p

zoraldinho
10-13-2012, 12:00 PM
an old time tech advised me when i first started>>
> save as much info as u can> we now call it MOBILE STORAGE:p

Start with new thread:How much for MOBILE STORAGE DOWNLOAD.;)

KL568
10-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Start with new thread:How much for MOBILE STORAGE DOWNLOAD.;)

If firmware is in one of that download links, the whole community will be flocking there.

Custom Search