PDA

View Full Version : IR 5050 image problem

Custom Search

cobra
10-17-2012, 07:35 AM
I am servicing a Canon IR 5050. The copy output looks like the attached file. I'm suspecting a developer problem but on initial check it looks ok. Have you encountered image problems like this? And what could be the causing it. Thanks for your help.

Canon.Tech
10-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I agree, looking at the spacing of the white bands I would say it’s a developer issue.

But I would check, clean & rewire the primary & transfer coronas, might be one of them arching.

If you have time maybe remove & clean the drum.

What count does the machine show?

cobra
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree, looking at the spacing of the white bands I would say it’s a developer issue.

But I would check, clean & rewire the primary & transfer coronas, might be one of them arching.

If you have time maybe remove & clean the drum.

What count does the machine show?

Thanks for the inputs i'll check primary and transfer chargers. Machine's total counter is 200,000.

Canon.Tech
10-17-2012, 04:04 PM
That's a low count for that model, you won't need to clean the drum.

Is it being used with Genuine Canon toner?

zoraldinho
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Look like developer cylinder faulty.

To add..Technicians; Please post PG-test and not copy samples!

copyprint
10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I am servicing a Canon IR 5050. The copy output looks like the attached file. I'm suspecting a developer problem but on initial check it looks ok. Have you encountered image problems like this? And what could be the causing it. Thanks for your help.

17768just wipe your mg roller with dump cloth while rotating several times then do a test

cobra
10-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Look like developer cylinder faulty.

To add..Technicians; Please post PG-test and not copy samples!

I have attached 5 output of PG-test #5. checked and clean developing unit, primary and transfer chargers. Should I consider replacement of developing unit?

cobra
10-18-2012, 09:41 AM
That's a low count for that model, you won't need to clean the drum.

Is it being used with Genuine Canon toner?

Yes they are using genuine canon toner. Checked and clean the primary and transfer charger and the developing unit. Still the same problem. Should I replace the developing assembly?

teckat
10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
yes:rolleyes:

COPIERTEC ASSOCIATES
10-18-2012, 10:07 PM
From the look at your sample PG,we need to observe the following;
1.If the problem is consistent,check on the spacers of the dev unit and the supportive bearings.
2.If the problem is intermittent,check on the charger blocks and possible dry joints on the HVT.
The HVT could be sending more current hence a sparking of the corona wires.

MK.
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
It seems the problem of mechanical drive to developing unit.Pls check that also.

tongee
10-24-2012, 02:03 AM

Replacement FH2-9246-020 CONNECTOR, HIGH-VOLTAGE

cobra
02-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Just to update. I had replaced the developing assembly and the trouble was fixed. But unfortunately the trouble returned again after 1 month. Is there something else I need to check besides the developer? Is there an adjustment when you install a new developing assembly? I really need your inputs as I'm going blank on this. Thanks

zoraldinho
02-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Definitely- when you install new developer:COPIER > FUNCTION > INSTALL>TONER-S hit OK

COPIERTEC ASSOCIATES
02-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Like i said before, check on the HVT and replace the corona wires on both
the main charger and the transfer corona assemblies.
Also try to switch off and On the drum potential by going to service mode
and perform this;COPIER>OPTION>BODY>PO.If the drum potential PO is
reading 0(zero),change to1(one) and make test copies and vice-versa.
Good luck.

Fer
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
How are the filters? If machine gets to hot inside, toner starts to melt in the developer.

northernlife
02-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Just taking a stab in the dark here but it looks like the last 3 inches on the page are ok. If the dev was crapped out it would be consistently across the other page yes? If you trip the interlock and run copies through do you see any halting or slowing down, etc? It could be a flat spot in the registration roller that's halting the page a bit as it goes through. Also if you create a dummy jam just as it's about to transfer and you take out the drum is the symptom on the drum as well?

Custom Search