PDA

View Full Version : Creating Custom Size when printing in PCL5C in Canon IRC 3200

Custom Search

tinnyjay
10-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Hello!
I have to print some covers and i need to print in this format : 450 cm x 210 cm.
I put paper in bypass and choose Irregular Size and choose 450 cm x 210 cm,but i can't choose this size in my computer.
Is it possible to add a custom size in PCL5c driver.
I use Windows 7 64 bit
Thank you

teckat
10-17-2012, 04:30 PM
HP Color LaserJet 5500 Printer Series - Custom-Size Printing (PCL5c and PCL6 Driver) - bpl12441 - HP Business Support Center (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=bpl12441&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN)

see link above---
Custom-Size Printing (PCL5c and PCL6 Driver):oCustom Paper Size dialog box is available in PCL 5c and PCL 6 printing system drivers. Use the Custom Paper Size dialog box to create, name, and save customized paper sizes.

To access the Custom Paper Size dialog box, click the Custom button on the driver's Paper tab.
When the Custom Paper Size dialog box appears, the drop-down menu in the Name group contains one of two things, depending upon the current paper size selection in the Paper tab:

If the paper size selection is a previously defined custom size, then the drop-down menu contains the name of that custom size.
If the paper size selection is a standard paper size, then the drop-down menu shows the default name Untitled for a custom paper size.
NOTE: In Windows 95, 98, and Me, two names for the same size paper can coexist (for example, "big" and "BIG" can both be used for the same paper size). In Windows NT 4.0, 2000, and XP, both upper and lower-case names can be used, but they cannot be used to name the same paper size.

The new name is compared only against the list of user-defined custom paper-size names, and not against the standard paper-size names.

Name drop-down menu displays the name of the last selected custom paper size. Use the Name drop-down menu to type new names for custom paper sizes and to select from the list of currently defined custom paper sizes. The name displayed in the Name drop-down menu is one of three things, depending upon the following conditions:

If a saved custom paper size has been selected from the drop-down menu and the other controls in the dialog box have not been changed since then, the Name drop-down menu displays the name of the last selected custom paper size.

If the width or height controls have been changed since a custom size was selected or saved, or if a saved paper size has just been deleted, then the Name drop-down menu displays the default name of Untitled.

If a new name has been typed into the Name drop-down menu for the purpose of saving a new size or renaming an existing size, then that new name will remain in the drop-down menu display until a saved custom paper size has been selected from the drop-down menu.

When a new name is typed into the Name drop-down menu, the width and height values can be changed without losing the name only if the name has not been saved yet. If a saved paper-size name is selected from the drop-down menu, any unsaved name or size values are lost without warning, and replaced by the values of the selected custom paper size.

Dynamic command button

The dynamic command button located to the right of the Name drop-down menu has three possible labels: Save , Delete , and Rename .

Save appears as the command button title whenever the height and width values are changed or an existing custom paper size is selected. After clicking Save , the name in the Name drop-down menu is compared against each of the saved names. If a duplicate is found, a dialog box appears, asking if it is okay to replace the existing item. Clicking Yes updates the old item with the new values. Clicking No returns the driver to the Custom Paper Size dialog box, where the item can be given a different name. The new name is compared only against the list of user-defined custom paper names, and not against the standard paper size names. Whenever the command button has the Save title, it is the default button.

Delete appears as the command button title whenever the name of an existing (previously saved) custom paper size appears in the Name drop-down menu, such as immediately after selecting an item from the drop-down menu or clicking the Save button. Clicking Delete causes the saved custom paper size to be deleted, after which the Name drop-down menu changes to Untitled , the height and width controls are unchanged, and the button title changes to Save .

Rename appears as the command button title when something is typed into the Name drop-down menu after an existing custom paper size is selected from the drop-down menu. If no duplicate is found, the name of the stored custom paper size changes to match the contents of the Name drop-down menu. Whenever the command button has the Rename title, it is also the default button.

Custom Search